Mind Control Comics Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:49:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Domina  (Read 11181 times)
Skyrender
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Troll-Blooded

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 05:47:53 pm »

Sorry, I've had a really bad day, and sarcasm is a stress relief mechanism for me.

Murphy said "Whatever CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong."

I say: "Murphy must've been an incurable optimist, because in my experience even things that CAN'T go wrong... somehow DO..."
hereno
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 06:01:24 pm »

Any ideas how many days/weeks/months it will take?

Well a lot more now.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 06:06:36 pm »

There was no font issue on our end to begin with. All the pages are jpg's. Some mishap in the publishing pipeline occurred, and Daphne already fixed it.

That being said, some cache between Skyrender's eyeballs and Da Server hasn't properly flushed and so you're still seeing the original bad version. Which is odd, given the response headers on the page images. Might be worth serving ETags for them even though they aren't meant to be cached. Something is clearly ignoring the cache-control header and whatever else is supposed to warn off keeping them around... is my armchair IT verdict.

Hit 'Refresh' a bunch more times or try in a different browser.
ghuserhname
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 07:17:00 pm »

Probably the best non-Daphne-written comic on the entire site so far. Octavia really pulls off that archaic cadence, and the languid feel of the pacing suits the main character's sybaritic, lazy approach to MC.
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 09:43:51 pm »

Sorry, I've had a really bad day, and sarcasm is a stress relief mechanism for me.
Whatever you do, don't reboot yourself. The human BIOS doesn't respond well.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 03:11:49 am »

There was no font issue on our end to begin with. All the pages are jpg's. Some mishap in the publishing pipeline occurred, and Daphne already fixed it.

That being said, some cache between Skyrender's eyeballs and Da Server hasn't properly flushed and so you're still seeing the original bad version. Which is odd, given the response headers on the page images. Might be worth serving ETags for them even though they aren't meant to be cached. Something is clearly ignoring the cache-control header and whatever else is supposed to warn off keeping them around... is my armchair IT verdict.

Hit 'Refresh' a bunch more times or try in a different browser.

Well, I've tried multiple refreshes/buffer clearances, three different browsers and even a different computer with no success (with the pdf), soi I can only assume that the problem is not at my end. One thing is a constant in life: when computers/software screws up they really screw up. At least the pages work!

Grest issue though. Interesting to see that women are coming up dominant in all sort of (fictional) places recently: Dr Who, MC here and allegedly sorting out Thanos inext year....

GB
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 12:24:04 pm »

That’s weird and annoying and I don’t actually know how https affects everything. Clearly some are just not loved as much as others.
mcfan41
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2018, 06:57:15 am »

To make this weirder I now see a corrected version online and a non-corrected pdf.  I'll just wait but the vagaries of caching are always interesting.    Cheesy
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2018, 08:04:58 am »

Yeah. And you never know where it's being cached. Could be you, your ISP, Your ISP's ISP, the NSA.

Ooop. Wasn't supposed to say that. Where's my tinfoil? Please don't let me be out of tinfoil. Choppers! omigod, I can hear the choppers!
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2018, 08:53:35 am »

GET TO DA CHOPPER!!

Oh, wait...
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2018, 07:45:20 am »

Just to tell the Great Unloved that the supply chain (or at least my supply chain!) has finally been purged (by Daphne, time or a third party or some combination thereof) and I have managed to dowload an uncorrupted pdf!

GB
Garg22
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 09:32:39 am »

1st fully Femdom issue here.  Not into those too much, but still a nice change of pace.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: