Mind Control Comics Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:05:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Watermarking  (Read 4852 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: April 09, 2018, 12:26:14 pm »

Yes, we watermark images.

We'll be doing so for the foreseeable future. We're constantly adjusting the algorithms to balance resilient vs visibility.

There are whole forums that do nothing but pirate our stuff. Sadly, this has become necessary if we're going to stay in business.

Your patience is appreciated!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 01:03:23 pm »

I, for one, would not mind a rendering delay while a watermark customized to my login was applied. Just to make it easier to catch the leakers.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 01:08:27 pm »

Have to be
Shame that letter and number go down on the good spot like cleavage and sex hole
I understand need to be done.
boundes comics
radouigi
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 02:06:28 pm »

The water marks make me almost as sad as the reason they're necessary. I really love a crisp clean image, but I really hate pirates too. Nothing useful to say or add, but appreciate getting to express my sorrow.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 06:58:40 pm »

Yeah.  This sort of thing is why I want to whack the "intellectual property is bad and should be abolished" people upside the head with a two-by-four.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 08:47:04 pm »

Well, the irony here is that I came to this site because I found THK on e-hentai... but you gotta do what you gotta do.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
stiggle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 08:01:55 am »

Well, the irony here is that I came to this site because I found THK on e-hentai... but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I came across SJI elsewhere which brought me here.

Maybe officially released earlier stories/strips - with lots of links highlighting where to get later content.

As long as there isn't a major contrast between the watermark and the image its not too bad - its when you have a pale mark on a dark image and it really distracts...  It needs to be done, and across the whole image so copiers can't just the mark out (as I've seen on landscape pics elsewhere) - even more so with individual marks so you can link the leak to specific accounts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: