Mind Control Comics Forum
October 05, 2024, 09:29:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 629: Lust verjagt  (Read 10061 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: June 22, 2017, 01:26:31 pm »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 02:20:25 pm »

Broadly speaking we have four active threads right now: Caitlyn; Adrian and Julian in the waiting room; Erin, Danielle and Cherry in the hospital room; and Erin and Jakob in Cherry's mindscape.

This is probably the fourth, although it could be the third giving us a look at what the mindscape events look like from the outside.  Either way it looks like Erin could be in trouble.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 04:46:10 pm »

Futz. I thought she'd go old school and just clobber Jakob's shade whilst he was busy gloating (in the best traditions of Wilmot College's motto, of course).

GB
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 03:34:33 am »

title (lust verjagt) = lust to chase away

feeling gone
Cherry - all her memories block or take up into watch

time to grasp what in Cherry's mindscape or real with Danielle

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 03:41:35 am by laguna85 » Logged
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 04:23:18 am »

title (lust verjagt) = lust to chase away

Check out the entire verse in Das Rheingold:

Only he who forswears
love's power,
only he who forfeits
love's delight,
only he can attain the magic
to fashion the gold into a ring.
   Nur wer der Minne
Macht versagt,
nur wer der Liebe
Lust verjagt,
nur der erzielt sich den Zauber,
zum Reif zu zwingen das Gold

http://www.rwagner.net/libretti/rheingold/e-rhein-s1.html
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 08:11:21 am »

Hmm.  That final panel looks like Erin grabbing Danielle back in the real world.  A reaction to programming or a signal to her that something is badly wrong?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 11:03:19 am »

Love the eye rolling. Surely a missed opportunity for some sexy cross-eyed action though...

I'm thinking either she's going to pull herself out, or Dani's going to do it. But has this seed already been planted now under the influence of the watch? Or is it the fact that Adrian can't be supplanted that's jolting her out of it? I assume the pathetic child is Adrian but could it be Aiken? Adrian isn't really training her - though I suppose that may be his point.

I'm still intrigued by the possibility that Erin could be the sole source of this apparition of Jakob. I doubt that's going to turn out to be the official line though.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 09:35:55 pm »

Hmm.  That final panel looks like Erin grabbing Danielle back in the real world.  A reaction to programming or a signal to her that something is badly wrong?

Taking another look at this.  The clothing Erin is wearing in the first panel looks a bit like armor, particularly the gauntlets.  Symbolic of a psychological attempt to defend herself from a perceived threat?  There's a close parallel between the actions of her mindscape hand in the second to last panel and her real world hand in the last panel, which suggests to me that she's deliberately trying to act in the real world.  Finally, it looks like she's grabbing Danielle's right hand, based on the direction of the thumb, while Danielle was holding the Watch in her left hand.

While at first I thought the 'pathetic child' was a reference to Aiken, as the likely candidate for someone who had been training Erin to use her magical abilities, now I think the right way to parse the line is "You need someone [who will] train you, [instead of] that pathetic child", which would mean he thinks Erin needs to abandon Adrian and join him instead.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 12:10:29 am »

The question is: has she just heard him offering that as an opinion, or is she sufficiently under the influence of the watch to have responded to it as programming? The eye rolling suggests it could be the latter. And if it is then whether or not she gets out of this straightaway now, she's already compromised. (And in a potentially very hot way.)

I like the way the arrangement of some of the astrological objects into pairs mirrors the shape of the watch and its chain attachment ring (there's probably a name for that). I'm guessing that Erin's mind has conjured up that environment from subconscious mental associations inspired by the watch, when that became the centre of her attention. I was seeing her outfit as some kind of forties or fifties comic book space queen - a product of her sense of self within that new environment.

Panel three in particular is open to interpretation, with Cherry floating away from Erin towards a watch-shaped something or other, as Erin feels the power of the watch.

But if this is an actual trap laid by Jakob, has his plan been scuppered by Erin having already been enslaved to someone else under the influence of a watch?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 02:37:40 pm by GodWilling » Logged
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 09:34:43 am »

One more quick thought.  In the theater, Erin pulled new people into the dreamscape by physical contact.  Now she just grabbed Danielle.  Perhaps we'll get to see Danielle vs. the Jakobite?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 09:57:37 am »

I'd like to see Erin outright win one of these.  I don't believe she has yet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: