Mind Control Comics Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:08:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 545: The Collection  (Read 10727 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 15, 2016, 01:58:55 pm »

« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 02:17:51 pm by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:26:53 pm »

Doc Compton and Ms. Randall, two gorgeous, adventurous, and new (to us) authority figures.  Potential for more fun?
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 02:32:47 am »

So this is a bunch of books that don't exist... I'm seeing Encyclopedia Galactica from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, at least three books from the Mythos (I wonder if the Arabic-titled book that's bound in skin is the Necronomicon...), Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie from Calvin and Hobbes, The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism from 1984... was hoping to see Kristus och Judas.

This is almost Mooreian in its scope... I presume it's just a series of nods, but the idea that SJI is in-universe with any of this, or that these books are somehow artifacts from other fictional worlds, is amusing...

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 05:33:15 am »

I'm seeing Encyclopedia Galactica from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Interstingly, since the Encycopedie Galactica claims to be from Terminus Press I woud have thought it more likely to be the one from Asimov's Foundation series; if so it presumably falls into the doesn't exisit yet category!

GB
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 07:15:40 am »

the collection have the book from Hidden Knowledge and By the book
some old as 15th century.
Oldies bookbinding is know year of 700

typing to fast (Unaussprechlichen Kulten) you have (unausspreechlichen) one more e

love look up the book titles you have here
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:40:16 am by laguna85 » Logged
kmorea
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 11:43:30 pm »

Interstingly, since the Encycopedie Galactica claims to be from Terminus Press I woud have thought it more likely to be the one from Asimov's Foundation series; if so it presumably falls into the doesn't exisit yet category!

I agree, 'Terminus Press' kicks it from Hitchhiker's to Foundation.

Can I borrow the unabridged Princess Bride? I'd love to see what William Goldman cut out of the original S. Morgenstern classic. :-)
rdaneel
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 02:45:21 am »

I agree, 'Terminus Press' kicks it from Hitchhiker's to Foundation.

My reflex thought was 'Foundation' even before reading the publisher. But maybe they have both? We have only seen a single shelf of this special library after all (and I'm intrigued by their cataloguing system, for them to have all of these titles in the same corner). Wink Personally, I would love to read it since the story of what happened between the last Foundation book and the publication of the Encyclopedia will always be a mystery.

I also remembered the animated 'Flight of Dragons' and how the good wizard in the story had his library of 'not yet written' books.  Grin
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:48:14 am by rdaneel » Logged
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 11:25:24 am »

It also kind of makes you wonder... if they have books from other fictional universes, are they *aware* they're in a fictional universe? And the nature of it? "The purpose and order of the universe is mind control erotica" would be a stunning revelation  Grin

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
grey_shadow
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 12:44:12 pm »

What I want to know is how they got those books to be so thin. S Morgenstern's classic work of literature is significantly fatter when bound conventionally, and the Encyclopedia Galactica should take up several rooms (it's like a more systematic Wikipedia where the subject matter is the knowledge and history of an entire galaxy-spanning civilisation...).
Dr. White
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 07:41:42 pm »

What I want to know is how they got those books to be so thin.

Gallifreyan printing techniques. They're all bigger on the inside. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 07:44:37 pm by Dr. White » Logged

Everything is about sex except sex. Sex is about power. - Oscar Wilde
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 08:12:04 pm »

the restricted book room, squeeze the book down to fit on the book shelf Cheesy
bac_vi
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 11:10:31 pm »

You guys missed "The Grasshopper Lies heavy"!  For those of you who saw "The Man in the High Castle" on Amazon,  the series was based on a book.  In the original book,   it was other books being passed around, rather than films  as you see in the series.   The Grasshopper Lies Heavy was one of those books.     
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 07:54:52 am »

Gallifreyan printing techniques. They're all bigger on the inside. Smiley
[/quote]

So perhaps the security measures aren't to keep the books in but rather to keep the Timelords out so they don't find out what's going on and sue for centuries (millennia?) of unpaid royalties?

Personally, I was hoping for a shelf of more contemporary books: An Idiot's Guide to the Design of Mind Controlling Electronics, that sort of thing.

GB
OctaviaMoon
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Artist & Colorist

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 02:21:43 pm »

I don't know what you are all talking about - we used our own bookshelf as a reference for the image Smiley

Octavia Moon - Writer, Artist, Letterer - In Season, Unleashed, Tannhauser Twins, Friend Zone.
Colorist/Letterer - Saint James Infirmary, Domina, Rapid Inductions

Find me on www.patreon.com/octaviamoon
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 11:02:02 am »

I don't know what you are all talking about - we used our own bookshelf as a reference for the image Smiley

some people think the book are too thin
need fatter pages
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: