Mind Control Comics Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:11:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 449: The Running Man.  (Read 16012 times)
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 11:59:19 am »

Thinking about it a little more, I guess whatever's going on within "the family" is the threat. As far as we know, that threat came about because it came to light that Jakob was still alive. That happened mainly because of Dani's recovered memories and Mallory's assertion that he was still alive (in that weird "wedding" scene that I still don't understand). But apart from sabotaging the watch (whatever that means) we're not aware of Dani attempting to destroy Jakob. And who knows what Mallory has done in the past? I still think he's talking about Rain, whom he would blame for orchestrating all of this.

But... if the threat came about because reports of Jakob's death were exaggerated, was it a good idea for "J" to send that gift to Rain? Who sent that if it wasn't Jakob? And why?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 08:07:03 pm »

Very tempted to ask the follow-up question, but the better idea is to wait.

One question, did Pat and Miel cross paths with him as seniors or after their graduation?

Who exactly is/was Erin's mother?  Is she alive?  All I remember of Erin's backstory is

1. Raised by a grandmother
2. had a very ugly incident with a summoning (gone wrong or gone right depending on your viewpoint) with Cherry before she (Erin) left the "Show Me" State for Wilmot.

Rain is an interesting choice, but is he monologue-ing then, or speaking to her telepathically?

If it is Rain, do we then believe that Jacqui is her daughter?  I don't see any other potential candidates.  I would certainly hope that if he's talking smack about Jacqui that part of his future would be Jacqui debating whether to rip his spine out through his rear or his neck.  But that's far, far, FAR in the future.

Who are/were Cait's parents?  I love Julian's description of her. Wink
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 06:38:30 am »

Rain is an interesting choice, but is he monologue-ing then, or speaking to her telepathically?

I meant Rain is the interfering daughter. He would be talking to Rain's father. The card accompanying the gift of the "Atlas clock" to Rain was "My regards to your father, J."
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 11:53:35 am »

I freely confess I don't understand that either.

For this theory, do you see Polly as an ancestor of Rain's (mother or grandmother)?  Because if Rain is an ancient Greek immortal...something, antagonizing her parents is SO DUMB that even Derek would stop and say "Seriously, man...you're an idiot."  And then promptly walk into a wall or something.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 01:20:46 pm »

I'm certainly not saying I understand. But the pop-up text is "Centuries come and go."

We know that Patrick, Miel, and Jacqui were in Kearsarge only a matter of a few months before we think we know Jakob was there. And we know that Patrick and Miel knew someone called Polly at that time. And we can surmise that Jakob met someone who wore a coat much like Rain's then - and that that was a turning point in his life. I'm not sure that's enough to allow us to understand everything.

To repeat the Greek mythology (of which I know little and care about less), Atlas had children by Pleione - an  Oceanid nymph (who at a stretch might hang out around a big lake) - known as the Hyades, "the rainy ones". One of these was called Polyxo. "The Hyades are also thought to have been the tutors of Dionysus." (I'm reading this, can you tell?) "Some sources relate that they were subject to aging, but Dionysus, to express his gratitude for having raised him, asked Medea to restore their youth." At another stretch, he was someone of whom John Wilmot would probably have approved. It's quite possible that none of this is relevant.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 11:51:54 pm »

Well, now that you mention the Dionysan cult/Maenads, I suppose that's certainly one way to look at Adrian's harem.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: