Mind Control Comics Forum
September 28, 2024, 03:27:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 429: Unavailable for Comment  (Read 23433 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: August 17, 2015, 10:19:42 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 12:27:28 pm »

So where did Johannes and Einfriður go? Unless they were meeting Ezra, I couldn't see that they'd have any other business in Kearsarge. So, a business breakfast away from the harem? Or New York? Is it Einfriður who's not commenting about last night? Or something to do with Jakob?

And now that will turn out to be Dani...
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 03:16:00 pm »

That's definitely Einfriður.  Dani has a bigger mouth.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 03:16:36 pm »

That's definitely Einfriður.  Dani has a bigger mouth.

Speaking of no comment. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 03:48:48 pm »

And speaking further of no comment, every time I look at that picture I'm reminded of Jesus carrying the cross. So that must be a modern-day Veronica capturing a miraculous image on a phone bottom-left. I may turn out to be wrong on both counts here too.

When Einfriður first appeared in a guest page there was some speculation (by me admittedly) that she and Dani might be one and the same. It remains to be seen whether their "separated at birth" appearance in the main narrative is a joke at our expense or if it will turn out to be significant. That's why I keep hedging my bets.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 12:15:34 am »

Well this is... terrible fucking news.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 05:41:17 am »

She took red shell!
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 10:21:55 pm »

She took one red shell.  They have six others.  But this looks really bad so far.  But we haven't seen her relinquish control yet.  She might end up playing a...nope that pun is too awful.

She's showing it to him, but will she give him control of it?  We had what looked like an exceptionally bad situation with Cait at the airport and she turned it around.  Hold off one more episode or two before hitting the hazardous materials alarm.

Of course, I'm hoping more than arguing here. Sad
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 11:07:22 pm »

I'm wondering why they have meetings scheduled with "Cantor" and Danielle.  Why not talk with them last night?  Also, does "Cantor" refer to Ezra or Pearl?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 11:15:16 pm »

She took one red shell.  They have six others.

Do we know they have this many?

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 02:16:18 am »

I really fail to see why the prospect of a mind controlling device falling into the hands of someone in this story who might potentially use it is a terrible thing.

She took red shell!

Not necessarily. They may have already had it. Or Dani may have given it to them.

She took one red shell.  They have six others.

Maybe Einfriður has seven.

I'm wondering why they have meetings scheduled with "Cantor" and Danielle.  Why not talk with them last night?  Also, does "Cantor" refer to Ezra or Pearl?

Ezra was going to look into Titanomachy Property Management when he got back to New York (that was seven months ago in 368). His itinerary isn't clear. Maybe he's already gone back and they're meeting him there at 11. In any case there are certainly things to sort out with Ezra. It's less obvious why they need a further meeting with Dani, which is why it looks suspicious. But if they wanted to somehow "take" Pearl and Dani, it would have made more sense to avoid arranging things in such a way that even the FT knew they were flying in.

The different choice of first name and surname would seem more likely to point to it being Ezra. Ezra is a male business acquaintance; Dani is... not. For those looking for "positive" signs, the use of Dani's first name is probably one. Either that or things look really bad for Pearl. Which is good for us, surely?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 08:59:15 am »

I really fail to see why the prospect of a mind controlling device falling into the hands of someone in this story who might potentially use it is a terrible thing.

I mean, really, I 'm hoping that it stays with the Harem and *they* start using it.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 10:31:19 am »

I mean, really, I 'm hoping that it stays with the Harem and *they* start using it.

Well, the "good" outcome gave no indication that there'd been any further activity on that front. I know we've been around this loop before but for me even if they did start using it, there's no apparent threat in the harem. It's a case of: "Here, look at this and your life will improve." And it does. The Night of the Watch was effective because we didn't know that would be the outcome. As it stands I've no expectation of anything hot (for me at least) happening that's driven by the harem.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 04:05:46 pm »

There is one truly terrible thought, I suppose. If we want to speculate that Einfriður has had technology used on her that is at least equivalent to the watch, this page allows us to wander quite happily deeper into that territory. And I guess that if Caitlyn could fake being under the spell of the crystal then Einfriður could too. That would be another mind control scene to strike from the list. I keep returning to the idea that they're all faking... But that's too horrible to contemplate.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 07:27:05 pm »

It's equally possible that the crystal was just used to make her willing to join in on the evening's fun, with no broader loyalty programming.  In that case it would have worked just fine while still allowing for the theft of a scallop.  (Another thought: if the harem had multiple scallops and kept them in the same place, why steal only one?)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: