Mind Control Comics Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:37:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 426: Small World  (Read 15231 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: August 06, 2015, 08:55:59 pm »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 10:24:26 pm »

it's small world after all with love and sex
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 10:30:21 pm »

So, Jacqui and Laura again?  Jacqui and Reka by happenstance?  Or comfort for Pearl in the arms of Reka after an awful revelation?  Or is it Pearl and Laura?  Hmm.  We shall soon see.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 10:35:20 pm »

Is this Jacqui and Adrian's mom in a flashback?

EDIT: It is. And I think Jacqui's done that face in the last panel before.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:55:24 am by Haight » Logged

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 10:49:02 am »

That's Pearl/Miriam, not Jacqui.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 11:00:41 am »

I think he means we've seen Jacqui pull that same face. Like mother, like daughter.

If Patrick was as poor as dirt, does that mean he followed the path to the first future outcome for Adrian? OK, probably not.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 12:48:17 pm »

I think he means we've seen Jacqui pull that same face. Like mother, like daughter.

If Patrick was as poor as dirt, does that mean he followed the path to the first future outcome for Adrian? OK, probably not.

Yeah, I think after the incident at Sawyer's when Adrian mentions that he thinks Jacqui knows more than she's telling on, she makes the same face. Anyway...

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 04:08:20 pm »

Is the "poor as dirt" statement actually true?  Because she somehow convinced Cantor that she'd approached the biological father and he was unwilling to deal with the situation.  And that wasn't true.

I can see them being comfortable just above the poverty line--living in a small apartment in a college town, setting up gigs, mostly living off love and fun.  But the young lawyer was out hustling for clients on the mid-level concert circuit.  So, he wasn't "well off" yet either.  Did he just provide the firmer possibility of security?  Exactly how long did he and Jacqui try to make it work before they split?  Hmm, more yet to be revealed, it would seem.  Although the key point was just opened, and Pearl is understandably uncomfortable.  At least she knows that neither Adrian nor Erin purposely manipulated her into...I Dani did some manipulating, but not with that last layer of expressed purpose.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 04:38:47 pm »

For all we know, Dani may have conditioned her to keep wanting to have sex with Adrian...
Technophyle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 12:47:07 pm »

But the young lawyer was out hustling for clients on the mid-level concert circuit.  So, he wasn't "well off" yet either.  Did he just provide the firmer possibility of security?

Given the choice between some musicians and a lawyer, even one just starting out, the odds are for the latter when it comes to economic security.

The other thing is the personalities involved: the musicians might have lived a lifestyle that might have been fun, but questionable when it came to raising her daughter. A slightly more conservative (in the lifestyle sense) lawyer might have seemed the better choice. And remember that Jacqui was herself not nearly as mature as she eventually became, so she probably wouldn't be thinking about things as deeply. Lawyer = responsible might have been as far as she was thinking.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 08:35:33 pm »

In some ways yes, in some ways no.  Cantor was still hustling after a client base in the small touring circuit.  Unless he was the scion of already successful and established lawyers, he could just as easily have ended up an "ambulance chaser."  And that wouldn't have been a stable or secure environment either.  Of course, he is part of a firm with his last name as named partner.  Either he worked his way up, some relative helped found the firm, or both.

Plus, Jacqui has admitted that she had a fantasy of living with the Cavanaughs and raising kids together.  Perhaps her pragmatic self won out there, or Rain intervened when she was trying to work up the nerve to tell Patrick.  Now THAT could definitely be something about which Jacqui could hold a grudge.  Wink
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 03:07:38 am »

Jacqui didn't say it was a fantasy. Her understanding of her position with Patrick and Miel may simply have improved.
Technophyle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 03:49:54 pm »

In some ways yes, in some ways no.  Cantor was still hustling after a client base in the small touring circuit.  Unless he was the scion of already successful and established lawyers, he could just as easily have ended up an "ambulance chaser."  And that wouldn't have been a stable or secure environment either. 

That's why I said it might simply have been what Jacqui was thinking, not that it was necessarily true. She was, what, 19 or 20 years old? Sure, there are a lot of mature 20 year olds, but also a lot of really immature ones who don't think that far ahead.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 11:11:13 am »

In the absence of any evidence whatsoever to the contrary:

Patrick and Miel were poor as dirt and had a baby of their own on the way. Jacqui didn't even tell them she was pregnant. Zenon was... interested in Jacqui. Regardless of the quality of Jacqui's judgement back then, hindsight would suggest that Zenon was in fact a good bet financially speaking. Plus, so far, he's coming across as a good guy.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 02:03:46 pm »

Zenon? Huh 

What is Mr. Kantor's first name?  I keep forgetting it.  Ezra.

I was cycling through priest and prophet names, but I might have gotten to Aaron to Zadock and back before landing on Ezra with any real conviction.

Did she know they had a baby of their own on the way when she split?  We know Pearl and Adrian are roughly the same age.  I'm not positive who was born first or how far apart the split is.

There's no indication that Pat and Miel were wealthy, but they seemed perfectly comfortable and their clothes weren't 70s holdovers or anything.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:10:06 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: