Mind Control Comics Forum
September 29, 2024, 03:23:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary volume 1: The Night of the Watch  (Read 30627 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 04:43:24 pm »

We're happy to supply both a bare PDF and ZIP file links. Please note that for time-limited content, making sure it really does download and you are not reading it on-line is the customer's responsibility, so if you are reading the bare PDF version in your browser, make sure you save it somewhere before it expires!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 04:55:09 pm »

And also, be careful with it once you have it.  If you screw it up through operator error (like me), try to do it before the window closes.  If ya do it afterwards...whoops.  Trust me, I know.
pervagi
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 09:53:07 am »

I'm really happy you've put SJI into .pdf format.  Hopefully, this will happen with the other volumes.

One small nitpick.  I noticed Episode 58 was missing.

I know.....you just can't please some people! Roll Eyes
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 11:55:16 am »

Whoops! That's been fixed, so if you re-download it now (either PDF or ZIP versions), you'll get #58. Sorry about that!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 08:35:02 am »

Looking through some early episodes from Night of the Watch, I'm left with a few questions

1. What's the gender of the owner of Atomic Coffee?  I have a hard time imagining early Erin not ripping a guy who dumped her limb from limb (or inducing him to do it to himself).

Is Van Winkle's still around?  Or did it fold after Typhoon Dani blew through because of ambiance problems and tough competition from Sawyer's?  I saw an audition flier that Adrian walks past on his second day, and I think one of the girls has a shirt, but I don't think we've ever seen inside it or even the building's face, even though Kearsage is an exceptionally small town.

Also, we've been through this before, but Adrian's an only child, right?  And he was conceived significantly after Operation Happy College shuttered?  Some estimates are that he's only a few months older than Pearl.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 09:18:39 am »

Some estimates are that he's only a few months older than Pearl.

There was considerable discussion of this earlier, and some internal information may be contradictory. To settle the matter once and for all canonically, Miriam is very close to the same age as Adrian.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 09:23:47 am by Daphne » Logged

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 10:20:14 am »

Wonderful.  Is Van Winkle's roughly the sort of establishment as Sawyer's or has it been keyed to a different clientele.  Will we ever see the proprietor show up at the SJI or the airfield begging Dani to come back?  Though I suppose if we were going to see that, he or she would have sent flowers after the accident.

We have actually seen people drinking Atomic Coffee in this volume.  It might be interesting to meet one of Erin's exes who isn't

A. COMPLETELY EVIL (Cherry) or
B. permanently curled in the fetal position sucking his thumb (her last boyfriend before Adrian arrived).
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 12:40:39 pm »

I also sent Daphne an approved e-mail outlining the situation and an embarrassing request I was required to make.

You know these Valentine's Day things are supposed to be anonymous, right?

There was considerable discussion of this earlier, and some internal information may be contradictory. To settle the matter once and for all canonically, Miriam is very close to the same age as Adrian.

To expand on that, according to "Dramatis Personae..." Adrian and Miriam are both Librans and they're both 22. The contradictory information is (I assume) in episode 49 where, on The Night of the Watch in January, Adrian says his birthday is in four months.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 12:43:13 pm »

The contradictory information is (I assume) in episode 49 where, on The Night of the Watch in January, Adrian says his birthday is in four months.

That was the Expanded Universe.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 01:57:19 pm »

It was the same with me and my keys this morning. Bloody Expanded Universe...

I think most of the discussion about this related to exactly when Pearl was born and information we were given in the forum rather than the comic itself.

Being 22 and Libran indicates a birth in Oct/Nov 1989. Thus 255 from Christmas day 1988 shows Jacqui fairly shortly before both she and Miel fell pregnant. That would appear to have been around 18 months after Jacqui first met Miel and Patrick. It may be significant that Jacqui's in a room with a similar set of musical instruments and décor to those shown in Adrian's parents' apartment in g22. Or it may not be.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 08:05:26 pm »

I suppose we have to wait until Adrian or Rain mentions Patrick and Miel by name as Adrian's parents to see if fire shoots from Jacqui's eyes or lightning from her magnificent rump.

For the record, I cannot see any situation in which Jacqui would marry Ezra where he wasn't Pearl's biological father.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 04:09:15 pm »

For the record, I cannot see any situation in which Jacqui would marry Ezra where he wasn't Pearl's biological father.

As I've said before, "Dramatis Personae..." indicates that Ezra is her father. But surely the most significant thing we can glean from g22/23 is that there's a connection between Jacqui and Adrian's parents. Indeed, "the gig" itself appears to exist solely as a device to bring those people together. In the absence of that device, everything else that those two pages tell us could easily have been fitted into one. So while it may be a red herring, it seems more likely to me that it isn't. Obviously that doesn't mean that there's a connection between the births. But there's something there. And something brought Jacqui back to Kearsarge all those years later. And we've never seen her remark on how she knew someone with Adrian's surname in Kearsarge all those years ago. Does she remember those days? Reliably?

EDIT: Just to expand that universe, two or three months after g22/23, we can place Jakob in town too.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:29:51 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 07:24:59 pm »

Somehow the phenomenon that could have brightened Jakob's existence and given it meaning was right under his nose and he missed it.  Quite possibly typical behavior from both brothers.
animedude35
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 11:00:07 pm »

Any news on the second volume? or is going to be a bit?

Keep up the good work all Cheesy
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 11:21:49 pm »

Any news on the second volume? or is going to be a bit?

Sometime in March!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: