Mind Control Comics Forum
September 19, 2024, 04:59:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary Guest Page 2: Farther  (Read 22432 times)
Prezfevr18
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 03:21:07 pm »

Changeling the Dreaming... really?  So this flashback takes place in the 90s?

Hey, I was playing Changeling in the late 2000s... (But top marks for spotting the cover design.)

I bought a copy of the first printing when it initially came out.  However, I just wanted it for the setting material as the idea of playing a six year old in the OWoD really creeped me out.  For real accuracy half the pages should be spilling out of the hardcover because WW's glue and bindings were and still are so pathetically cheap and shoddy.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 03:23:28 pm »

However, I just wanted it for the setting material as the idea of playing a six year old in the OWoD really creeped me out.

I think it's safe to say that everyone was playing characters their own age in that game...

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
lion93
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 11:31:29 pm »

Changeling the Dreaming... really?  So this flashback takes place in the 90s?

Hey, I was playing Changeling in the late 2000s... (But top marks for spotting the cover design.)

So have you tried Lost yet?  It's a bit... darker.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 10:25:06 am »

The thing that struck me about this episode is just how relaxed and happy Erin seemed in this flashback.  If you compare her here to her introduction as a really angry, bitchy drunk in the first few issues, I wonder what must have happened in the intervening time period to make her so angry.

Of course, she could just be hiding her issues here, and that could be the reason she's going.  But her friends seem genuinely distressed at the news that she's leaving for Wilmot, which would tend to indicate she's actually normally happy.

So: what did happen to give her the perma-frown prior to her exposure to the watch?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 11:00:39 am »

The mystery guy she traumatized actually traumatized her more?  The theory's been advanced that Erin is/was very much like a young Jacqui--or that Jacqui is Erin matured.  Also, bear in mind, she's a grad student.  That snapshot we got could be five/six years ago.  It could be that her interpersonal experiences as an undergrad made her defensive and that her general attitude was her starter version of the "Ravella black wall."  However, it is interesting to contemplate.  Maybe we'll get hints of those events as we move forward.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 12:00:05 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 12:59:53 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 08:17:38 pm »

Maybe just that Erin has come farther than we thought?  She doesn't appear to be fleeing a negative situation or really bored with anything except Missouri weather.  It does show that she can adapt rather easily to several environments and that her interests are varied.  It would also seem to indicate that anyone who caused her to form a protective wall of snark and venom around herself would be truly worthy of censure and ridicule.  Beyond that?  I don't know how much we can know without investigating her Missouri circle (including snarky blackshirt) more closely.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 12:34:30 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:00:03 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: