Mind Control Comics Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:46:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About Downloads...  (Read 5080 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: September 01, 2017, 09:38:00 pm »

With the new site, the way downloads work has changed (a bit):

• We've removed the "throttling" that would restrict how many downloads you could do in a 24 hour period.
  • There's a continuous-membership requirement (explained below) for downloads.

The rule is that you can download if you have an active membership period of 90 days or more. That doesn't mean you have to have been a member for 90 days: If you buy a three-month membership, you can download as soon as it starts. If you are renewing month-to-month, downloads begin on the first day of the third renewal (since now you have 90 continuous days, including the future time).

The system takes care of this automatically, so the download link will appear as soon as the continuous-membership requirement is met.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
ghuserhname
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 10:15:30 am »

Would it be possible for y'all to show the duration of the subscription on the account page? I know, I could just go and check my credit card statements, but it sure would be nice just to be able to check it without leaving the site.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 10:20:10 am »

Would it be possible for y'all to show the duration of the subscription on the account page? I know, I could just go and check my credit card statements, but it sure would be nice just to be able to check it without leaving the site.

It does show what you are currently subscribed to under "Subscriptions". Right now, it doesn't show if you are download-eligible from membership periods shorter than three months. I'll see about adding that if we can find a way to put it that won't just confuse people. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
ghuserhname
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:51:13 am »

Much appreciated! I can definitely see how that could be tricky to implement. Maybe a "stay subscribed for x more months to enable downloads" counter would be a tad goofy...
arenwolf22
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 11:41:20 am »

I have to say, this change is mildly disappointing. I've had to, on multiple occasions, cancel auto-renewal for my subscription due to money problems and re-subscribe at a later date. And with my income, I'm not comfortable purchasing a three-month subscription. I understand the reason behind implementing this requirement. I do, however, feel it disregards a small minority of folks, myself included, who've been members for quite some time, albeit on-and-off at certain points.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 01:21:08 pm »

We are looking for new ways to reward long-term members, including those who don't necessarily have a lot of days of continuous subscription...

ghuserhname
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 01:42:39 pm »

I have to say, this change is mildly disappointing. I've had to, on multiple occasions, cancel auto-renewal for my subscription due to money problems and re-subscribe at a later date. And with my income, I'm not comfortable purchasing a three-month subscription. I understand the reason behind implementing this requirement. I do, however, feel it disregards a small minority of folks, myself included, who've been members for quite some time, albeit on-and-off at certain points.
Yeah, I can definitely relate to what you're saying there. I think I've been coming to this site regularly for six-odd years. Like you, my subscription periods have been on and off, but I'd say I've probably been a paying member for at least half of those 72 months. Some years, it's been one month on, one or two months off; some years seven months on, five months off. I'm pretty sure yours and mine is not the kind of customer loyalty that Daphne & Co would prefer -- the kind I assume they're trying to foster with these new download restrictions -- but it still is some kind of customer loyalty. The bonuses have been enough to keep me coming back pretty regularly for the last few years, but the flexibility of being able to take a few weeks off here and there as the cash flow dictated was pretty dang convenient for me. The way things are now, if I want all the content and to retain download privileges, there's really no other option than staying subscribed year-round. Which does not jibe with my finances. Again, it's the prerogative of the proprietors to switch up their business model, and I understand the moves they're making, even if those moves don't suit me as a customer. I will stick around in some capacity -- I still love a whole heck of a lot of the lovely work these MC mavens produce -- but as it stands, I think I'll end up spending less overall. Though I'm pretty sure Daphne and them are savvy enough that they'll make up the losses they'll take on people like me/us with customers whose spending habits better suit the new model.
xarinth
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 06:32:52 pm »

Ya, sucks for me. I just had to cancel for a week or two to make sure i didnt go into negatives in my bank. Come back to find out i cant download, which makes reading on my ipad suck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: