Mind Control Comics Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:38:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which were your favorite regular titles of 2022?  (Voting closed: January 08, 2023, 07:36:08 pm)
Achievement - 7 (2.4%)
The Alchemist - 13 (4.5%)
Audiophilia - 9 (3.1%)
Bigger - 4 (1.4%)
By the Book 2 - 9 (3.1%)
The Canadian Girlfriend - 14 (4.8%)
Checkered Past - 8 (2.7%)
Cuckoo's Nest - 9 (3.1%)
Daily Grind - 2 (0.7%)
Fantasy World - 9 (3.1%)
Flesh for Fantasy - 6 (2.1%)
Found Objects 3 - 12 (4.1%)
Free Trade Zone - 5 (1.7%)
Free Wifi - 10 (3.4%)
Friend Request - 8 (2.7%)
Hellbent - 1 (0.3%)
The Help - 13 (4.5%)
The Hidden Knowledge - 12 (4.1%)
The In-Law Unit - 14 (4.8%)
Jim's Wife - 7 (2.4%)
The Martian Harem - 1 (0.3%)
No Way! - 0 (0%)
The Persuader - 10 (3.4%)
Return to Office - 1 (0.3%)
The Ring Cycle - 15 (5.2%)
Roll Playing 2 - 10 (3.4%)
Starter Marriage - 15 (5.2%)
Sudo - 3 (1%)
Takeout - 2 (0.7%)
Trigger Warning - 29 (10%)
Unknown Pleasures - 11 (3.8%)
Waiting Room - 22 (7.6%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Regular Title of 2022?  (Read 2816 times)
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2023, 08:33:22 am »

I'm basically a hamster; I remember the last 10 minutes or so, and then it gets hazy. My picks, therefore, are biased towards more recent titles.

Here's my top 7 in order:

Starter Marriage   - 15 (5.2%) -- endlessly entertaining, and erotic
Free Trade Zone   - 5 (1.7%) -- AFAICT, this one isn't going anywhere right now, but the first arc was awesome, and I'm looking forward to seeing the next one develop
Checkered Past   - 8 (2.7%) -- very hot, but we've been waiting for the ending for a while now, and I've lost enthusiasm for it. Once the final issue(s) drop, I'll reread it and see if it's still in the top 7.
The In-Law Unit   - 14 (4.8%) -- great fun; wondering where it's going to go from here.
The Persuader   - 10 (3.4%) -- I have liked this from the very beginning, and most issues deliver another solid erotic MC punch.
Waiting Room   - 22 (7.6%) -- comes and goes in terms of story; it's repetitive, then it isn't. Many threads going here, but not much conflict.
The Ring Cycle   - 15 (5.2%) -- this one started solid, but like many others, is currently feeling a little adrift. I'm not much of an incest fan; I tend to treat incest by ignoring it and treating the hot sibling/parent as a neighbor or acquaintance.

I think the reason I like Starter Marriage is that, of all of them, the MC isn't assured. When the MC is overwhelming or without serious consequences for the controller, there's no conflict, and the story devolves into "and then I MC'd her, and had sex, and then I MC'd her friend, and had sex..." and I just get bored. I *really* liked After the Show, for example, because the story evolved, peaked, and ended. That same story could be told 5 ways, and each one would be erotic and fun. I'm glad Daphne didn't try to extend that one, but rather, ended it and moved to the next one.

Honorable mentions: almost everything else:

Roll Playing 2   - 10 (3.4%) -- still working on a story line here. This one is a lot of fun, and could turn into "St. James Infirmary": a long-running serial with lots of MC and sex in different contexts.
Trigger Warning   - 29 (10%) -- it's still in the "everyone is triggered all the time" mode; once the back story gets going, or gets leveraged somehow, I'll like it better.
Friend Request   - 8 (2.7%) -- I loved how it started; waiting to see if it's going to develop.
The Hidden Knowledge   - 12 (4.1%) -- I subscribed originally because of this title. The new story arc is just beginning to rev up. Waiting for a hook. Cheesy
The Canadian Girlfriend   - 14 (4.8%) -- This one is really getting better. Hoping to see it take off in 2023.
Cuckoo's Nest   - 9 (3.1%) -- another endless serial-candidate. Interesting premise that can lead to many hot situations (at least 2 really good ones in 2020-2021).

The following aren't on my list, because, though I really liked the stories, I am going to need an update on them to care much at this point.

Bigger   - 4 (1.4%)
The Martian Harem   - 1 (0.3%)
Sudo   - 3 (1%)
Unknown Pleasures   - 11 (3.8%)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: