Mind Control Comics Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:53:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Roll Playing: Bluebooking  (Read 14517 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: May 08, 2018, 09:18:36 am »

Joy and Alex run a little scene between official gaming sessions…

Written by: Daphne • Art: Sturkwurk

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 09:21:31 am »

And before anyone asks: Bluebooking.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 12:08:53 pm »

Joy and Alex run a little scene between official gaming sessions…

Oh that's what's going on...

I couldn't figure out who it was that Alex was playing with. But I see that Joy's gone blonde.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 12:10:52 pm »

I couldn't figure out who it was that Alex was playing with. But I see that Joy's gone blonde.

Huh? No, Joy's still a brunette. Her character's blonde.

zakir79
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 03:57:23 pm »

I was a bit confused on who he was playing with until I read the description. Looks like the facial features on Joy have been tweaked since the final installment of Roll Playing. Most of Sturks stuff has gotten noticeably better in the last couple of years. This was a pretty good bonus, I do hope to see more in this series.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 04:11:43 pm »

Hot. A. F.

However, what happened to Joy's luscious locks from the Mainline series? Totally cool with changing her hair/model for the next Campaign, but as this seems to take place immediately after the stinger from #11... my continuity hackles have been raised  Sad
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 05:09:35 pm »

Different character!

lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 05:45:46 pm »

Wait, what? The brunette, in the green pullover, getting tamed by the Gem of Taming, is a different person? Daphne, you jest. I guess I wasn't clear, what with this series being about characters who themselves have characters. I got that Elysande is different from Ajanaia. What I'm grousing about is Joy herself having too different a hairstyle for a story seemingly set 1-minute after the end of Roll Playing #11. Especially since I liked her hair the way it was Embarrassed
grey_shadow
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 07:27:52 pm »

I've got that annoying voice in my head asking what happens to Joy's real life and commitments while she's playing Elysande full time.

So I thought I'd share.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 07:29:01 pm »

I've got that annoying voice in my head asking what happens to Joy's real life and commitments while she's playing Elysande full time.

People beat me up when I do that in SJI. Smiley

lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 08:15:13 pm »

Now that I'm done complaining about trivialities, may I put in my vote for us to see the other half of the aftermath at some point down the line?

It should be noted that the layout in this issue works really well when viewed in something that supports dual page display. The pages match up beautifully, whether in the middle where the two worlds are mirroring each other, or with the inter-panel progression at the beginning and end. I'll say it again, stellar work by both of you on this series.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:17:40 pm by lifmcs » Logged
Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 08:23:08 am »

Funny that. The first "Draft" of my game world (AKA the DM notes) sits in a place of pride on my shelf. In the original blue duotang from '87.
sturkwurk
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Render Monkey

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 10:04:29 am »

Wait, what? The brunette, in the green pullover, getting tamed by the Gem of Taming, is a different person? Daphne, you jest. I guess I wasn't clear, what with this series being about characters who themselves have characters. I got that Elysande is different from Ajanaia. What I'm grousing about is Joy herself having too different a hairstyle for a story seemingly set 1-minute after the end of Roll Playing #11. Especially since I liked her hair the way it was Embarrassed

I changed Joy's hair for a very good reason - it took way too long to render as it was. Several hours per image if I had the hair file cast shadows. So I changed it to a better made file that didn't eat up render time. Sorry it's a shock, but it was that or have weird looking hair with no shadows or I'd still be rendering the project.

I came,
I rendered,
I'm still broke!
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 10:05:01 am »

Funny that. The first "Draft" of my game world (AKA the DM notes) sits in a place of pride on my shelf. In the original blue duotang from '87.

Nice! Most of my stuff is electronic these days, but I have my hard-copy treasures, including the Planescape boxed set (such a wonderful setting).

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 12:58:11 pm »

I changed Joy's hair for a very good reason - it took way too long to render as it was. Several hours per image if I had the hair file cast shadows. So I changed it to a better made file that didn't eat up render time. Sorry it's a shock, but it was that or have weird looking hair with no shadows or I'd still be rendering the project.

Thank you for replying. If I had my druthers, her curls would have gotten one last hurrah here, but that's a real minor concern and this is a bonus after all.

If I may ask another question though, did you tweak her model as well? With all the morphing and effects in this series, it's hard (for me) to tell when someone is looking like their real selves and when some magical happenings are going down. Especially with respect to their irises. It may just be Joy's new hair, but Elysande almost looks more like her at the end of Roll Playing than she does herself, facial structure-wise. Not grumpy or anything, just curious if I'm seeing things.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: