Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:51:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 306: Research Project.  (Read 7871 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: June 26, 2014, 06:27:32 pm »

Friday, June 27th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 07:43:32 pm »

wow what type of research Project this going to be?
I'm going like this!
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 12:07:39 am »

And that answers two questions.  First, Cherry did not get the shell, so apparently that reference to "the crystal" was about something else.  Second, my impression that the ring Vik gave to Amy was glowing red was not just me wearing the crazy pants.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 12:18:43 am »

Oh thank god.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 06:05:07 am »

well there are more crystal out there, size as small a ring to the shell.
what size crystal dose Cherry have HiMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
May be get the power from Clock/bell tower basemen?
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 06:15:58 am »

I have to say that Dani wearing the jeweller's glasses is the creepiest art this series has produced yet.  (I mean that in a good way - very atmospheric, the lighting enhances the mystery.

Also:  Dani as Sherlock Holmes is a concept I can totally see happening.  Because Dani.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 08:02:58 am »

Can't be the Shell of Campus-wide Lust, because...well, campus-wide lust still reigns.  So, our next questions appear.  What crystal was Cherry talking about (or is it possible she was mistaken and Dani palmed it back before she left) and where did Vik the INSANE get his crystal (plus the cut)?  Did he make his own ring, or is there a jeweler with impossibly potent stuff lying around?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 11:19:40 am »

Yeah, is it some rock cut into the shape of a shell, or were they shells originally, and the ring is a tiny one or shattered bit of one?  What do the shells do, exactly?

As of right now I can't help but think it's some sort of coincidence that Vic had a ring with some of the red bits of MC on it.  He certainly didn't know what he had, and he was using PC for all of his MC needs...

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 02:24:11 pm »

I feel sure the ring has ended up exactly where it was supposed to.

Is the red cufflink in 258 significant?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 08:19:34 pm »

Yeah, I wonder about that.  There's Pichler's bit about how Adrian would want to give the watch back... maybe there's some sort of ability by the owner of the New York harem to control the user of the watch?  Maybe it keys into smaller crystals?

laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 09:59:00 pm »

Is the red cufflink in 258 significant?

Red Cufflink can be a significant link
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 06:50:48 pm »

If the ring has found its way to its intended target then the implication is that Vik is merely a pawn in a wider plan. (But to me it also suggests that Q is too.)

The red scallop is the vital part of the watch. Do we know the watch only works on women? I don't know if we do. But regardless my suspicion is that the ring was intended to reach Dani.

Dani knows more about the watch - and presumably the scallop - than most. And she wonders here how something is possible. What might that be? Is it simply that there's another piece of the same material in existence?

As far as we know, the scallop on its own doesn't have any effect. Is the ring actively exploiting the material's properties like the watch does, or is it merely a passive mounting? If it's the latter then the ring (which happens to be an engagement ring) is a sign. And its significance is to be understood only by Dani, to whom it happens to have found its way.

Even if that is just the result of a bunch of coincidences, the ring remains a sign to Dani that something that ought not to be possible is in fact possible. As I said at the time, I think the framings caught in 293, when Mallory delivers the news that Jakob Kuppler is still alive, are significant even if their significance isn't understood by me. And Dani is shown at that instant holding the ring, having just taken (delivery of?) it from Amy.

BTW, I did notice this at the time but I didn't comment on it. Was Heart's logo actually designed to have the effect it has on Jacqui's shirt?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 08:56:58 pm »

I'm kind of wondering where the damn shell/shell fragments come from.  Are they the products of 'weird science,' or magical/divine artifacts?  The shell as a common symbol of fertility, and its association with Venus, makes me bend in the direction that they exist specifically to control the desires of women.  Who or what made them, though?  Are they the creation of Polly/Rain's old friend?

Also, do they have a side effect of making the affected women immortal?  Jacqui certainly seemed extraordinarily well preserved in the flash-forward episodes, and there's Rain...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:00:45 pm by Haight » Logged

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 11:11:46 am »

It would seem that there are competing plans.  Perhaps Claudia developed one plan as a defense mechanism, and the various brothers and patriarch of the Clockmaking family put other plans in place to try to wrestle control of various artifacts and harems away from one another.  Of these competing plans, all I can suss out so far is that Cherry and her driver/triggerman are working for the brother who disappeared when the plane went down.  But here's the thing--Vik, Q, and Yves can't be a part of Plane Crash Brother's plan, because then the plan has so many moving parts that different pawns are trying to kill each other instead of working together.  And we basically have a Nina Myers problem.

It can't be immortality--obviously or Dani wouldn't have been in danger from the car.  I think Jacqui has great genes which is a separate issue from the possibility that Rain might be the unacknowledged 10th Muse.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:34:25 am by jmundt29 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: