Mind Control Comics Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:56:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 304: Trigger Warning.  (Read 7136 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: June 19, 2014, 08:08:36 pm »

Friday, June 20th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Prezfevr18
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 12:10:13 am »

Courage would have to be a cowardly dog to sell out at a time like that.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 02:00:45 am »

Was not expecting that.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 05:30:27 am »

Is Miriam some kind of resistor to MC, like her mother?
hypnonile
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Angry Comic Book Nerd

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 10:18:46 am »

Hhhhmmm......maybe she's having a repressed memory suddenly come out? Perhaps something she was "suggested" to forget?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 11:41:39 am »

She was clearly subjected to PC in the guest pages, and it could be that some programming that Q left her with is conflicting with her currently supercharged libido.  She also might have some kind of inkling as to the unnatural influence that she's under, which might cause her to freak out a bit.

But we still don't know exactly why! Mebe soon.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 11:45:24 am »

Is Miriam some kind of resistor to MC, like her mother?

Somewhere along the line there's a misunderstanding between Jacqui and Miriam and it seems reasonable to expect (hope) that it is the result of some kind of mind control because it appears to be based on firmly held beliefs. That would require one or both of them to be susceptible to something.

Jacqui is resistant to Pink Clouds but the watch worked its magic on her. g20 suggests Miriam isn't very resistant to Pink Clouds. And she isn't very resistant to whatever's making her "worked up". And yet... when it comes to the crunch she is. And she didn't appear to know that was coming.

I wonder how similar this scene is to the day Jacqui met Patrick and Miel.

I can see Rain having framed portraits on the wall. But Weston and Réka?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 12:51:42 pm »

Weston isn't coming across as an evil mastermind here at all.  He seems more like a college-aged guy, surrounded by beautiful, easy, open-minded women, doing what comes naturally.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 02:20:10 pm »

To be fair Weston has never actually come across as an evil mastermind. But evil masterminds don't always wear the badge. I for one have certainly speculated that he might be some kind of protagonist, and that mostly derived from the scene where he was looking on while Erin and Réka kissed. And straight after that Erin put her pentacle back on. What was that all about?

Now it looks like it's just something to do with Weston and Réka being very open and free with their loving. But maybe that is just a product of the bell tower effect?

Erin tripped up and accidentally turned everyone on on Wednesday evening. The first concrete evidence we had that that was happening was in the early hours of Friday, when Hitomi came to Marliese with a headache and we saw that she had already seen quite a few similar cases. Erin's kiss with Réka was late on Friday night. Hayley and Hitomi had gone past the headache stage on Saturday morning. As, it seems, had any other stragglers on campus.

But Miriam appears to have only been feeling it tonight (which I believe is Sunday). And we haven't had much evidence of it affecting anyone in the SJI harem until tonight - not even Marliese and Amy and Laura, who spend plenty of time on campus. (But I'll say again that surely the point of 301 is that everyone's feeling it now, isn't it? It's going round.)

Anyway, what I'm wondering is whether that kiss between Erin and Réka was just an early symptom of the bell tower effect. We didn't meet Weston until Thursday evening, I think. As I've said, his and Réka's relationship seems not unlike that of Patrick and Miel. But as far as we know we've only ever seen any of these people after they've been influenced by the bell tower. Given that, it's hard to judge what they're actually like as people.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 02:35:29 pm »

Just to add: SJI frequently reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3h-T3KQNxU
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 08:22:55 pm »

This isn't technically about the next episode (I don't think), and the discussion grew out of this episode.  So, here goes.  I thought we first met Weston and his shameless flirting before Harem Night.  Remember, after Rain had that walk around the block with Adrian, he talked to Jacqui about being addressed as "Master."  He sent out that text giving them permission, and we saw where everyone was.  Erin was rehearsing Taming of the Shrew with the twit, excused herself, and reacted to the news.  Mallory dismissed the Llorettes who were talking to her about Mrs. Uppsala, and had her own reaction, etc.  I think there was another additional scene with Weston flirting with Erin before rehearsal ended and little mention of Reka (though she might have been there).  And then, of course, he figured prominently in the disastrous, almost post-Orwellian looking First Dice Roll of Fate.  Ugh.  He's been an ungovernable hound since before Erin reignited the Belltower of Lust with her magnificent ass.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 11:35:02 pm »

I thought we first met Weston and his shameless flirting before Harem Night.  Remember, after Rain had that walk around the block with Adrian, he talked to Jacqui about being addressed as "Master."  He sent out that text giving them permission, and we saw where everyone was.
Adrian enjoys a harem night with his harem on Wednesday; Adrian has to be told he has a harem on Thursday.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: