Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:21:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 302: More Please, 3.  (Read 15396 times)
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 11:02:42 am »

That is the "is Superman faster than The Flash" question of the SJI universe.

Do you read enough comics to know that that's a question that's eminently answerable?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 11:08:55 am »

Do you read enough comics to know that that's a question that's eminently answerable?

Yes. Smiley I believe the answer is, "The Flash is, by definition, the fastest entity in the DC Universe," and, well, you can extrapolate from there.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 11:42:41 am »

It hadn't actually occurred to me that Miriam's abstention from caffeine might be a religious thing; I just noticed that she'd said it when I was looking back at the scene where Erin was covering for Jacqui - and it was bound to stick out like a sore thumb right now. I wasn't sure if it was a mistake or it underlined the impact of her sexual frustration. I figured if it was the former it could easily be passed off as the latter anyway, so there was little harm in pointing it out.

I think it's unlikely that Miriam would come to Overroasted to test the coffee, since the meeting to discuss terms with her mother took place at the diner.

Obviously I have no idea if Jacqui is the Virgin Mary (if you will) and Miriam is - what? - Judas? But as The Bible itself tells us: "There is good and bad (woo-ooh) in everyone." And I think that must be at the very least half right. Jacqui thinks Pearl deliberately lied about her. Maybe she's right - I wouldn't know. But I can't see why Miriam would be trying to find out information from Reka and Weston here unless she were genuinely concerned about Jacqui.

By the way, I think I've solved the last two panels here. Reka and Weston don't know that Miriam is Jacqui's daughter. But they are the as yet undetected Bonnie and Clyde of Kearsarge. Having killed any number of potential Miriam mothers recently (I hope you hadn't grown too attached to Mrs Uppsala) they are naturally concerned at her opening gambit.

Fear not, my holiday is nearly over; the whimsy should have been ground out of me long before the next issue.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 12:55:20 pm »

Yes. Smiley I believe the answer is, "The Flash is, by definition, the fastest entity in the DC Universe," and, well, you can extrapolate from there.

So Erin is, by definition, the bustiest character in the SJI universe?  But there's BE in the universe, how can that remain true?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 02:01:58 pm »

Who's got the biggest feet?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 02:20:51 pm »

Pearl/Miriam's toes looked pretty large in #300. 

Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 02:21:23 pm »

But there's BE in the universe, how can that remain true?

It's a miracle.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 04:18:54 pm »

They both seem immune to this phenomenon--although perhaps it hasn't impacted them directly since neither of them have been on the Mantis cheer squad.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 05:48:06 pm »

A very minor quibble: the title in the comic image says this is issue 301, not 302.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2014, 09:03:07 pm »

A very minor quibble: the title in the comic image says this is issue 301, not 302.

Fixed, thanks!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: