Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:19:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary Guest Page 24: The Secrets Drown.  (Read 7080 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: June 01, 2014, 10:49:57 pm »

Tuesday, June 3rd.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 12:09:17 am »

I assume the subtext is what happened to Dani...

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Technophyle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 12:40:54 am »

Small terminology issue: the impression I get from the timeline is that it's roughly 2012/2013 in-story and that this issue would have taken place a few years before. The problem is that between 1968 and August 2011, the Royal Canadian Air Force didn't exist. It was Air Command, part of the Canadian Forces (for the same reason, the Royal Canadian Navy and Canadian Army didn't exist either), and no one would have referred to it as the RCAF until the names were re-instated in 2011. Indeed, by the 2000s if you referred to the "RCAF" people would assume you were about to start talking about World War 2.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 07:08:32 am »

She died for him
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 08:12:27 am »

Easier to fit RCAF into a word balloon. Smiley

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »

In a sense what this explains is what didn't happen when the daughter of an important General disappeared. I think we've been assuming Dani disappeared with Jakob since g14. And since Dani isn't dead (or is she? spooky) the news that Jakob isn't dead wasn't too much of a surprise.

There's way too much to process in all this. But a couple of relevant things were raised when Cherry was holding forth:

1) Jakob recruited Cherry because he was looking for Erin. Dani was sent to Kearsarge to recruit Erin, but Jakob set it up wrong.

2) Cherry asked Dani when she last spoke to her father and Dani said, "Il me déteste!" Cherry said that he doesn't hate her; he hates what Jakob turned her into.

Obviously this was coming from someone involved with the driver of the BMW. The extent to which we should believe what Cherry said is up for debate. But it's interesting that Dani said that her father hates her. I wonder when and how she may have gained that impression.

And the first point is perhaps the most rational explanation we have as to why Dani was in Kearsarge with the watch. I'm just not sure I believe it.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 03:33:11 pm »

So PK's back from break, and we just hit another milestone episode.  What's coming next?  Whoops, nope, the fourth guest page is supposed to be tomorrow.  That would be quite a welcome back from vacation, wouldn't it?  Yikes!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: