Mind Control Comics Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:02:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary Guest Page 23: The Gig, 2.  (Read 12372 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: May 30, 2014, 08:06:46 am »

Friday, May 30th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 09:31:45 am »

[In response to a post in the forum for "The Gig, 1.", moved here because it's about this issue.]

And of course, because drama, this makes me wonder if we're 100% sure of Miriam/Pearl's parentage.

That was my first and overriding thought, and now my previously held opinion that Adrian should add Miriam to the harem has pretty much vanished pending confirmation that Cantor is indeed the father.

The art in this -- wow.  Jacqui looks incredible in the final panel.  Great stuff.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 09:47:11 am »

Eh, I don't think that should stop him.  It's just interesting.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 11:33:12 am »

I have no idea how crazy our esteemed author wants this to get.  However, a note to reassure the cautious--Pearl is supposed to have been conceived a minimum of three years after this.

Jacqui does know Rain, but she appears to know her only as Rain.  No familiarity with the name Polly.  So, that would seem to indicate that they met in Kearsage, not during The Gig.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 11:41:43 am »

I suppose the waitress could be Maddy, although Maddy's hair isn't red (anymore).

Anyway, it appears Patrick and Miel are still in Kearsarge, so presumably that wasn't a cityscape in the previous page. And if nothing else, we now have at least some connection that might have led Jacqui to choose Kearsarge years later. (Perhaps that was because she hoped she might meet someone else who might have reason to go there.)

I don't think we actually have any evidence yet that Miel is Adrian's mother, beyond his familiarity with the French language (which hardly constitutes evidence) and her existence in the plot (perhaps a little more compelling).

Maybe I'm totally wrong but...

My take has always been that Jacqui isn't Jewish but Ezra Cantor is (just a hunch). Hence Pearl's rift with Jacqui leads to Miriam and Jewish Studies. And I kind of figured someone had been digging out Barbra Streisand LPs for Pearl's look in g18 (which was partly responsible for me talking about her eventually revealing her Supergirl outfit).

Miriam looks like the offspring of Jacqui and Ezra. Adrian looks like he's Patrick's son; his mother could be anyone.

I own some records on Green Linnet. These things need saying.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 01:11:04 pm »

re: Adrian's parentage, from the Dramatis Personae thread:

Adrian Cavanagh (#1) -- Age: 22. Sign: Libra. Place of Birth: Minneapolis, Minnesota. Family: father, Patrick Adrian Cavanagh; mother, Miel Tamar Dauphin. Education: The Julliard School. Employment: Clerk, Deep Black Vinyl. Plays guitar. Is taking guitar lessons from Rain. Is the apparently-inadvertent master of a harem of eight women.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 02:01:57 pm »

We have no particular reason to think that Cantor is not Pearl's father.  I think we were all under the impression that the Jewish side of Pearl's family was her dad's.  Me talking about Pearl possibly being Adrian's sister is more me reaching for... more kink, I guess.  Also Adrian seems to get wet feet about all this MC stuff sometimes, it'd be hilarious to see his reaction.  It's possible, however, that Pearl just doesn't know, which would probably be what it would have to be at this point.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 03:37:17 pm »

Just so no one loses any sleep over it, Miel is indeed Adrian's mom, and his parents are married and still together as of SJI mainline.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 08:07:28 am »

the waitress remind me the one in Obedience
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 08:57:07 am »

re: Adrian's parentage, from the Dramatis Personae thread:
Thanks for that. I won't pretend I hadn't forgotten it but I would say that it wouldn't necessarily make Miel Adrian's biological mother (so thanks Daphne). And after all, the same source confirms Miriam's parentage.

With the proviso that Miriam recently stood in front of us wearing nothing but a Star of David and I still wasn't convinced it was her... Pearl as depicted in, say, g18 is Ezra's biological daughter, right? I mean, her being half-Jewish isn't just a misguided lifestyle choice. And Jacqui isn't Adrian's mother...

So, I'm not losing any sleep but I'm struggling to see why any guardian of our morals would have reason to disapprove of Miriam being inducted into Adrian's harem to spend the rest of her life as his sex slave. I mean, there's something going on here but I can't see how it's that. Or that. Or even that.

the waitress remind me the one in Obedience

Mmmm, but her uniform - and the diner itself - are more like Kearsarge (82), which is a long way away.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 08:45:24 pm »

I'm struggling to see why any guardian of our morals would have reason to disapprove of Miriam being inducted into Adrian's harem to spend the rest of her life as his sex slave.

I think this needs to be quoted in someone's signature.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 12:35:55 am »

I think this needs to be quoted in someone's signature.

I'd rather it be said by one of the other girls in the comic.  Ironically or not.  Sounds like something Marliese would say with a bit of snark, honestly.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 05:20:06 am »

I guess it would have to be without irony in order to be demonstrably the product of a controlled mind. Marliese's odd detachment always suggests to me that she isn't under the same degree of control as the others. But maybe not.

Page 300: Miriam's back(side). And here we are around three years (I think) before she was conceived, and about two and a half years before Jacqui was seen naked in a room with a very similar set of musical instruments around her to those seen in Patrick and Miel's abode. So, yes, this connection between Adrian's parents and Jacqui must be significant - and it appears to relate to Miriam, who is the same age as Adrian. But the obvious ideas don't make sense to me. Mind you the obvious ideas never make sense to me.

If there is a significant connection between Jacqui and Patrick Cavanagh that developed in Kearsarge, might not Jacqui have made the link between this significant other and the Adrian Cavanagh whom an obliging Erin brought to her as a potential employee? Was she in fact aware of this connection? That would suggest a degree of knowledge about what was going on that might give a pointer to the origin of the resentment she feels towards Rain.

There's only one page left of this isn't there? Exciting.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 11:13:03 am »

Two, I thought.  One more with this artist, and an additional one from someone else.  However, I thought they were part of The Gig sequence.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 03:00:37 pm »

Marliese's odd detachment always suggests to me that she isn't under the same degree of control as the others. But maybe not.

I just imagine her as one of those people who's *so* sarcastic that not even supernatural mind control can stop her from being that way sometimes. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: