Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:01:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary Guest Page 22: The Gig, 1.  (Read 11043 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: May 23, 2014, 06:12:06 am »

Tuesday, May 27th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 05:39:19 am »

You know, I was kind of wondering how MC affected Adrian's parents' home life.  Now we know. 

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 10:22:44 am »

It's been so long since we've seen Pat & Tamar that I just skipped right past that possibility.  One thing to note, though.  Pat is a maximum of 21 here, and Tamar is a max of 25.

When they talked about the "kid" booking agent, I immediately thought of Jacqui.  That doesn't make sense chronologically, though, because this predates her Christmas panel by...3 years?  Huh
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 10:50:40 am »

Daphne told us Jacqui was 20 in her Christmas past of 1988 (255). So she could be 18 at this point. There would certainly appear to be a fair amount of cross-over between Jacqui's musical tastes and those of Miel and/or Patrick. Maybe they had a spare room.

That looks like a cityscape outside the window.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 12:27:14 pm »

That just gives me hope that Jacqui was the one haggling with Pat.  Plus, this is a small enough band that she could be traveling with them as roadie/eye-candy.

Also, Pat gives mandolin lessons.  Jacqui's favored (or possibly just new) instrument in that Christmas guest page was a mandolin.  A reminder of wild tour fun?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 06:16:26 pm »

I wasn't even thinking about that.  It'd  be absolutely fascinating if Jacqui and Adrian's parents had a connection, especially if it was one he didn't know about.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 11:38:21 am »

So, we were both focused on a single aspect of the information presented in this guest page.  Anyone care to share a different angle or vantage point?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 12:51:08 pm »

I was mostly looking for a little squeeze box and being rewarded with the sheela-na-gig impression.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 12:06:17 am »

Not a thread for it yet, but...

Odds of Adrian being eskimo bros with his own dad are now approaching 100%.

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 04:40:48 am »

I've never encountered that term, but I think I get the gist.  I wonder if Gregor is related to Zenon.  The passing mention of "Polly" is also interesting.  If Rain was still using that name in the 1980s, two questions spring to mind:

1. Why'd she change it at all?
2. If she was mentoring Patrick during The Gig, how is it possible Jacqui never met her?

Other items of interest include the redheaded waitress with the curiously blank (mindwiped?) expression, and the exact nature of Patrick and Miel's relationship?  Were they ever married, or even engaged?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 09:01:41 am »

I thought Jacqui *did* know Rain/Polly?  She certainly seemed to act like it.  

I have a sneaking suspicion that the waitress's expression has more to do with working a grueling morning shift than anything more esoteric.  

And yeah, I guess we don't know if Adrian's parents ever got hitched.  Did they stay swingers their whole life?  Was Adrian's engagement sort of a youthful rebellion against his parents; 'true wuv' as a counterpoint to their dedicated multiple relationships?

And of course, because drama, this makes me wonder if we're 100% sure of Miriam/Pearl's parentage. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:05:29 am by Haight » Logged

Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 09:29:40 am »

[Moved to other thread, sorry.]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: