Mind Control Comics Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:57:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 448: Telephone Tree.  (Read 8064 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 19, 2015, 10:17:33 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 04:41:18 pm »

The improbably busty secretary... always happy to see her again.

That's a particularly RED hairpiece. Reminds me of some other comics on this site. ;-) To be honest, this secretary is a decent candidate for having been *lightly* exposed to that technology....

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 06:44:44 pm »

I've been putting off reading Saint James Infirmary for a long time. Wanted to shotgun the whole thing, a daunting proposition at well over 400 pages. Well, I finally made the time, and it was everything I could have wanted in a long-form serial comic. Characters, plot, humor, art, mind control, alt-text, all were pretty damn excellent. A rather abrupt and long overdue bit of congratulations to Daphne & co for all they've accomplished with this.

May SJI live long(er) and prosper (further).
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 07:09:28 pm »

That's a particularly RED hairpiece. Reminds me of some other comics on this site. ;-) To be honest, this secretary is a decent candidate for having been *lightly* exposed to that technology....

At this point I'm pretty suspicious of anything red in this comic.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 09:33:58 pm »

I've been putting off reading Saint James Infirmary for a long time. Wanted to shotgun the whole thing, a daunting proposition at well over 400 pages. Well, I finally made the time, and it was everything I could have wanted in a long-form serial comic. Characters, plot, humor, art, mind control, alt-text, all were pretty damn excellent. A rather abrupt and long overdue bit of congratulations to Daphne & co for all they've accomplished with this.

May SJI live long(er) and prosper (further).

Thank you!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 07:30:49 am »

Absolutely.  This is gorgeous, engrossing, and entertaining.  And even feeling lost (like now), can be a delicious feeling.

So, Julian is enjoying the spoils of his confrontation with the potentially murderous concierge.  And he's checking in with Johannes' double-agent secretary.  And he's trying to contact...whom?  Doesn't seem like they're talking about Jakob.  And Julian being a quadruple agent (on Johannes' payroll to clean up the mess, but working with Claudia independent of Johannes, but really reporting to Jakob who he knows is alive in...where was it again?  I'll check...ah, Geneva; but not really because he's in love with Cherry whose cure he can buy by leveraging the SJI harem and aiding them against Jakob)?  So, they're probably talking about someone else.  Johannes hasn't left the U.S.  So, is there a third Insidious Kupler brother?  Or are we hearing about the patriarch of this family?  Or is this an independent contractor that both brothers trust?  That doesn't sound like a person who should be able to exist.  Very interesting.

ETA--I confess I'm curious about something.  What is Bodacious Double Agent Secretary's actual name?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 07:33:32 am by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 11:56:15 am »

I've been putting off reading Saint James Infirmary for a long time.

I have a feeling you're not the only one. I bet there are members of this site who are at this very moment 18 episodes into a marathon viewing of season six of More Cops who can't be bothered to read a measly 448 pages of SJI (plus guest pages, etc.). Anyway, well done and well said.

Are we supposed to be able to read what it says on the phone display in the last panel? Is the implication of the last panel that she now has to call someone else (which would be using the office phone) because of Julian's call? Or is the office phone ringing and that's irking her? The former looks more likely, since that doesn't appear to be how you answer a phone.

(
If we learnt nothing else from Billy Ocean, we learnt that red lights spell danger.
)
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 08:11:37 am »

One of the things, at least in my opinion, that makes MC even hotter is having a well-fleshed out character that is then subjected to MC - and that's something that SJI does have in spades.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: