Mind Control Comics Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:18:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #774: “No-Tell Motel”  (Read 4393 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 04, 2018, 12:01:19 am »

Written by: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 06:32:56 am »

Wait, how does this reporter know Laura?
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 08:32:56 am »

Well is reporter still alive?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 10:26:49 am »

Wait, how does this reporter know Laura?
By being Kanti?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 05:49:42 pm »

Kanti's a reporter?  Wait, did we know this?  I definitely do not recall it.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 10:53:55 am »

I don't think we've been told what Kanti does. I imagine she does something.

On the other hand, we didn't know that Amaltheia existed until 741 but she knows Erin and Hitomi. So anything's possible.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 03:54:59 pm »

Actually I have Kanti down as a Cambridge (UK) graduate, albeit with only a BA, getting her MA the hard way by studying at Wilmot rather than just going back to Cambridge for an upgrade ceremony 3 years later. I certainly don't recollect anything indicating that she was a journalist, but with that degree I guess she could be, at least part time.

GB
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 08:27:45 am »

I never knew the Oxbridge unis did that with MAs - that's ridiculous, unlike everything else associated with those establishments.

Does "MA English candidate" mean she's passed the coursework and is currently working on her thesis? That's what I'd taken that to mean. If it does then she'd no longer be attending lectures.

The reporter is on "the Wilmot paper", rather than Kearsarge, so I took that to be a university enterprise. And that might make Cherry's question, "Do you know Erin Hackberry?" somewhat less unreasonable (otherwise why not just ask anybody?). It's not clear where Kanti was interviewed by the detective in 663 because a speech bubble obscured that piece of information. On the other hand, the first word on the door is Kearsarge, so maybe it wasn't the office of the university newspaper. But maybe it was.
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 01:01:05 pm »

I never knew the Oxbridge unis did that with MAs - that's ridiculous, unlike everything else associated with those establishments.

“Contrariwise,' said Tweedledee...
You have to realise that Oxford and Cambridge were much earlier than other English and US universities (by centuries). Their MA wasn't an advanced degree. it was a sign of post-degree experience and maturity, being awarded to BAs not less than 6 years after the end of their first term in residence, the recipient then becoming a member of the University Senate. It's these new-fangled establishments who have shown no originality in re-using it for an award for advanced studies.

GB
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 11:28:27 am »

Rather than a reward for not dying.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: