Mind Control Comics Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:50:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 389: Maternal Instinct  (Read 18730 times)
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 03:21:17 pm »

And BOOM goes the dynamite!  Shocked Grin Grin

Was Cantor representation for one of the bands at The Gig, then?  Hmm.

Pearl's trauma necessitated Cantor's involvement.  Is someone gonna call Pat and Miel?
If this keeps escalating?  What would their reaction be?  Clearly they left for a reason.  Very, very interesting.Grin

Pat and Miel are booking bands
Jacqui was with one of the bands set what they need set up and payment for the gig
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 04:56:43 pm »

I was making an assumption which might be correct or not.  Pat and Miel met Jacqui while they were booking bands and she was attached to one.  If Adrian and Pearl are half siblings, then both were conceived around this time, then Ezra, law degree in hand, probably entered Jacqui's life at about the same time.

I find the revelation about Pearl's biological father somewhat surprising because I remember Jacqui grousing about problems with Pearl and wishing (jokingly) that she'd had Brian Eno's love child instead.  I wrongly assumed that Pearl's existence tied her Ezra.  Obviously not.  Unless...did Ezra get around a lot more than we've seen back in the '80s?  But Adrian looks quite a bit like Pat...Ezra's candidacy as Adrian's biological father seems very unlikely.  Very interesting and confusing.  Lots to mull over during the holiday. Grin
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 07:25:08 pm »

For Adrian and Pearl to be half-siblings they'd need to share one parent.  There are four possible combinations of the candidate parents: Patrick/Miel, Patrick/Jacqui, Ezra/Miel and Ezra/Jacqui.  We've seen no evidence so far that Ezra has ever met Patrick or Miel, but we do have evidence that Jacqui has.  To my mind that means the most likely scenario is Patrick/Miel->Adrian, Patrick/Jacqui->Pearl, and Ezra is the cuckoo.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 01:26:40 am »

Pat and Miel are booking bands
Jacqui was with one of the bands set what they need set up and payment for the gig

Which tells us nothing about their ages. But we know Patrick and Miel were at university three years earlier. And this in g22 suggests Jacqui is younger:

"She called today. She's just some kid."

"So were we."

There are four possible combinations of the candidate parents: Patrick/Miel, Patrick/Jacqui, Ezra/Miel and Ezra/Jacqui.

It would be remarkable if Miriam were not Jacqui's daughter. And it would be odd for Jacqui to start talking about incest now if Adrian were her son. In any case, as I quoted above, Daphne confirmed that Miel is Adrian's mother. That was intended to confirm that she is his biological mother. But technically those are not the only possible combinations because the common father need not be Patrick or Ezra.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 08:22:52 am »

think out of the box
what if JAKOB KUPPLER is the father

One my posting was no for age that  answer that they have meet in the pass. 
and age may be 10 - 15 year apart (about same age)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:27:03 am by laguna85 » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 09:40:16 am »

I...don't think so.

If Jakob Kupler were Adrian's father, he'd have reached out to pluck an heir for his empire--maybe a more likeable face for the control of his harem.  At the very least Jakob would be tempted to use Adrian as a pawn in his struggle with his father and brother.  And Rain most definitely would not be working to help Adrian against Jakob.  The chronological math might add, but the rest doesn't seem to.Huh

However, you are right.  We have three possibilities

Possibility #1--Patrick Cavanaugh is the biological father of Adrian Cavanaugh and Pearl/Miriam Cantor.  This is the one we seem to be leaning toward.  How does this work?  Pat's son and heir to everything (including the legacy Rain is fighting to protect) is Adrian.  Pat and Miel had a lot of very gorgeous sexy fun with Jacqui during "The Gig" and Jacqui got pregnant with Pearl as a result.  So, Pat is Pearl's biological father.  How all that led to what looks like a shotgun marriage and short-lived union between roadie/manager/groupie Jacqui and ambitious entertainment lawyer Ezra is unclear.

Possibility #2--Ezra Cantor is the biological father of Pearl/Miriam Cantor and Adrian Cavanaugh.  Doesn't seem very likely, but let's look at it.  Pat and Miel have a committed relationship, but clearly they enjoy their fun.  It would be shortsighted to assume that they only played with young women.  Ezra is ambitious and smart, but he clearly liked fun as a young attorney hustling to build up his client roster.  Pat and Miel met Jacqui during the Gig and sparks flew.  It seems likely that Jacqui met Ezra during the same time period.  Perhaps he hit it off with the Cavanaughs as well.  And, over the course of several months, fortunate accidents happened.  There are problems with this theory of events.  I don't think Adrian would be heir to Rain's (or Rain's mother's) promise if he were Ezra's son.  But it's possible she is mistaken about his parentage, or has decided to make concessions.

Possibility #3--Some as yet undisclosed and very lucky gentleman is the biological father of both Adrian Cavanaugh and Pearl/Miriam Cantor after crossing paths with the Cavanaughs and Jacqui around the time of The Gig  This is also possible for similar reasons to the ones outlined in the other scenarios above.  However, as I said, I don't think our lucky donor could be a Kuppler brother.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:43:32 am by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2015, 02:01:01 pm »

The problem with Jakob being the father is that the mothers wouldn't have fallen pregnant until late 1988 or early 1989. (Leaving aside calculations, Daphne told us in the thread for 255 - "December 25 1988" - that Jacqui was 20 and that this was pre-Pearl.) Jakob was at Wilmot in late 1986 but was only there for a couple of semesters. Clearly there's some story to come around all this. I raised the possibility half tongue-in-cheek, but I don't rule it out.

Parentage is something of a theme amongst the SJI inhabitants.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 05:02:35 am »

so may got the answer:  parents: Patrick/Miel, Patrick/Jacqui is it
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 09:00:42 am »

Yes, that does seem to be so. Grin  Although the '80s was a bit early for DNA testing.  Had the subject come up somehow during Pearl's childhood.  Illness?  Accident?  As always, there's more to the story, and it's very intriguing.  Plus, there's the added benefit of it being disclosed in very sexy situations. Grin Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: