Mind Control Comics Forum
May 18, 2024, 09:17:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 375: Just One Job  (Read 14173 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 12, 2015, 03:13:14 pm »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 05:41:53 pm »

head back to New York
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 07:11:33 pm »

That doesn't look like Claudia to me.  My first thought was Hitomi, but that's not right either.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 08:15:02 pm »

Looks like Claudia to me, and we're due for an update on that front.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 08:23:48 pm »

Sorry, just from the closeup, it looked like she was a relative of unflappable Sue (who hasn't been heard from in even longer).  I'm curious what the unflappable one is thinking.  The entire population has been knocked on its ass by horniness migraines and she's still showing up to work and expecting, ya know, reasonable customers.  Maybe a look at her blog would be an interesting sidenote or members bonus some month.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 12:26:59 am »

I was looking again at Dani's encounter with Zenon recently (pre- the pdf) and thinking she looked like she was faking it. Was the point of Zenon's doings to find a girl who didn't go under? But that didn't make sense to me because it was her visit to him that triggered the Night of the Watch, wasn't it? It must have had some effect. And why would Derek be necessary?

But this seems like maybe it's hinting at the same thing. The pendant doesn't work on women who've seen the watch. Hmmmm.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 12:35:27 am »

Is what I'm thinking that Pendent have peace of the Shell and the Watch have a full shell is more Power to it.
there more to it and we will have to wait and see.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 12:50:58 am »

Claudia's need for the Watch seems genuinely dire. It'll be interesting if the character of her henchman is not reflective of her own.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 08:35:52 am »

Perhaps a stupid question: what evidence do we have that the Watch was used on Danielle prior to the Night of the Watch?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 08:41:21 am »

Doesn't that get into how accurate we think the bits of Dani's memory are?  I think there's a flashback still of her using it on Claudia a couple years back, before Claudia roped in the cellist.

Plus, she has impression that she was the maitresse en titre for Jakob the Horrible, so when new girls were programmed, I think she did it if he wasn't there himself.  Still, rather like Pearl, all of this is up in the air because we don't know how much happened vs. what was programmed, vs. what she invented just to make herself feel better after the trauma of the Jakob experience.

Okay, now I have a question.  What name did Derek say on the phone.  It seems that the conversation points toward Adrian, but without Jen there to jerk his chain in the right direction, Derek could just as easily have said "Bob Barker."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:14:01 am by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 11:32:03 am »

Perhaps a stupid question: what evidence do we have that the Watch was used on Danielle prior to the Night of the Watch?

Dani says in 54: "He used it on me, oui, and I became his obedient slave d'amour." I don't think we have anyone else's testimony.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:54:04 am by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 11:56:21 am »

Well, that statement plus a string of memories that could be true, the result of conditioning, or some combination thereof, going all the way back to her flashbacks under the influence of the pendant.

Oh, something else.  Claudia sounds actually surprised that The Watch might still be out there intact in Kearsage.  But, wasn't the whole purpose of Derek's dopey "mission" to locate and recover The Watch?  If they weren't after The Watch, what was he tasked with recovering?  Or did Claudia originally think this was a wild goose chase and now KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt that The Watch has to be in the town she was having searched? Huh
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 12:04:52 pm »

Well, notably what she discovered was that the watch had been being *used*. By her logic, Dani being immune to the pendant just means that she's a refugee from Jakob's harem. Caitlyn, who previously had been subject to the pendant, now being immune to it, means that in the interim someone used the watch on her, which means it's not dormant, someone's actually using it, which I'm sure is a frightening prospect for Claudia.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 12:44:54 pm »

Well, that statement plus a string of memories that could be true, the result of conditioning, or some combination thereof, going all the way back to her flashbacks under the influence of the pendant.

I think, and I may well be wrong, that this is the only time anyone says the watch was used on Dani. I'm not saying it proves anything; I'm saying it's the only evidence. Dani did also say to Cherry in 267 with regard to the watch: "I did not know what he would do with it. To me. To all of us."

Claudia knew that the girl who had the watch was in Kearsarge. We still don't know how she knew that. Thanks to Derek she's known since 158 (or at least before 166) that Dani is that girl. She wanted Zenon to deal with that but there was apparently a break-in and Julian ended up with the pendant and Zenon stopped returning Claudia's calls.

The whole Zenon and Derek plan was based around the pendant. Zenon apparently didn't identify Dani as the girl; Derek didn't get the chance to.

I think the watch was used on Dani. And it really seems to me that she's faking a reaction to the pendant in 13 and 15. She doesn't react the way the others do. But I can't reconcile that with the fact that everything kicked off after that session.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 03:13:42 pm »

But even though the entire operation was based on recovering The Watch, part of her believed, hoped(?) it was lost in the ocean somewhere until she heard evidence of its use.  Is that where we are?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: