Mind Control Comics Forum
May 16, 2024, 02:11:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Vote for your favorite comics of 2014 (three votes per person)  (Voting closed: December 31, 2014, 11:56:53 am)
Bearing Gifts - 27 (6.4%)
Bigger - 17 (4%)
By the Book - 38 (9%)
The Canadian Girlfriend - 2 (0.5%)
Checkered Past - 3 (0.7%)
Cheat Code - 8 (1.9%)
The Chrysalis - 48 (11.4%)
Cuckoo's Nest - 11 (2.6%)
Drains - 19 (4.5%)
Enchanted Summer - 2 (0.5%)
Extreme Makeover - 7 (1.7%)
Faerie Tail - 10 (2.4%)
Free Cable - 21 (5%)
The Hidden Knowledge - 40 (9.5%)
Lost Weekend - 4 (0.9%)
The Martian Harem - 10 (2.4%)
The Occurrence - 2 (0.5%)
The Persuader - 9 (2.1%)
Queeen of Angels - 1 (0.2%)
Saint James Infirmary - 11 (2.6%)
Sparkle - 5 (1.2%)
Startup - 21 (5%)
Sudo - 2 (0.5%)
Roll Playing - 27 (6.4%)
Waiting Room - 4 (0.9%)
Beyond Rubies - 53 (12.6%)
Audiophilia - 20 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 91

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote for your favorite comic of 2014!  (Read 31533 times)
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 01:22:55 pm »

A lot of good stuff to choose from:

SJI is my absolute favorite, and I had to show respect to the promising Faerie Tail.  I led with my heart and voted for Waiting Room, hoping that its promise would be realized.

My honorable mention include:

By the Book--one of Sturkwurk's workhorse series that's always entertaining

Cuckoo's Nest--Sexy and goofy with great art, and

Free Cable.

When this site started, Hidden Knowledge was my favorite comic by far, but in the last two years, it's been eclipsed.

Respect to Extreme Makeover as a recurring single-page.  Nice story and GREAT Art from the SJI collaborative team.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 01:26:23 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
xarinth
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 01:56:09 pm »

Such a hard choice!

I voted for Chrysalis (favorite newer storyline), Roll Playing (I'm a D&D nerd...), and Free Cable (work for a cable company and find it very ....).

This however does nothing for the others I enjoy such as Beyond Rubies, Drains(has a lot of potential I am hopeful for), Lost Weekend, Waiting Room, The Occurence, Sudo, and Behind the Door (I like this new story and hope for more to flesh it out.)

Can't wait for the 2015 to see what we get...

Thank you to all of the artists, writers, and site-runners for such a great site and all the hard work that goes into (and went into it this year with those CC issues.)

Happy Holidays (or Happy Thursday and New Year) to all!
derfshaya
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 02:26:59 pm »

-deleted- (Sorry, didn't know I was supposed to do the vote by clicking on the poll directly)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:29:20 pm by derfshaya » Logged
PsiLance
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2014, 02:51:10 pm »

Such a shame Roll Playing and Con-Fused aren't included.
jpew2007
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 03:05:01 pm »

Well BEYOND RUBIES and CUCKOO's NEST , are my primary two. And then the third (from these listed here), would be.... START-UP.

Actually Con-Fused would be my third choice but, I've read the previous comments I know why it was excluded from the list. Looking forward to the next installment though. Smiley
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 03:10:59 pm »

Such a shame Roll Playing and Con-Fused aren't included.

Roll Playing is there! See above for Con 'Fused.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
william acosta
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 03:25:41 pm »

audio for sure. roll playing and free cable i have enjoyed. i just wish the comics were longer.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 03:29:34 pm »

Very good art and concept on Roll Playing and Chrysalis.  Personally, I have higher hopes for Chrysalis than Roll Playing until I get a clearer understanding of the guy in RP.
ainfinite
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2014, 04:48:54 pm »

I wanted to restrict my consideration to stuff that actually started this year, or at least returned after a long absence. I went with:

Faerie Tail
Drains
Waiting Room

If it had been just an overall vote, Audiophilia, Chrysalis, By the Book and Found Objects/Bearing Gifts would have been strong contenders too.

As for stuff I'm less into, I really wish Free Cable would have stayed a one shot, and I hope Sudo and Behind the Door stay the same. It's all up to your usual uber-high standards, but some stuff just feels more like a one shot than a serial.
pervagi
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2014, 05:03:10 pm »

I chose "Bigger", "Chrysalis" & "Drains".

I would have normally put Hidden Knowledge and SJI down but felt they were no brainers and that other favorites needed to be acknowledged.

I don't 100% know why I like Bigger, but it just strikes the right chord with me.  At first I thought the art was kinda harsh but it really grew on me after a while.

Chrysalis is a good concept and #8 was one of my all time favorite comics that has ever been on this site.  Loved the artwork....the elf was HOT!!!  Don't know if that part of the storyline has any more legs to it, but would love to see more!

Drains......I was so happy to see it's return this year and hope to see more issues in the future.

I will give honorable mentions to "Roll Playing" (I too am a former D&D player...love the concept), "Sparkle", "By The Book" "Audiophilia",
"Behind The Door" & "Con'Fused".

Bearing Gifts, Beyond Rubies and Martian Harem are staples (and that's a good thing) that I expect will have a long life here.
svengali23
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2014, 05:33:17 pm »

Personal rankings:

1. Beyond Rubies- best art, best sex scenes, best characterization. I want to see more of what happens to Julie and her friends, also to see the further stages. Also, what is the genesis of the Rubies? How do they work, who made them?

2. Audiophilia- great art.

3. The Hidden Knowledge- good plot, great characters. I like that Daffyd is not just in a void, and that he's not wholly domineering and misogynistic. The comics are the best at MC are the ones that have nuanced characters, and girls who maintain some persona during the course of their evolution.

4. By the Book- what I like about this, and Beyond Rubies, is the element of the girls themselves having agency in the hypnotic process.

5. Bearing Gifts- good art, good scenarios, becoming a little monotonous. Why doesn't the main protagonist show some more creativity.

6. Confused- a fun excursion into geek fantasies.

7. Sparkle- best new art. I really liked the art style.

8. Roll Playing- a fun geeky concept. It would be interesting to see this story go in the direction of 'highly sexual D &D game'- like a combination game session/ orgy, something like that. Or maybe to see the girls becoming subsumed into their characters, and doing cosplay...

9. St. James Infirmary- I like the characters and the storyline, the greater world, just don't like scrolling through the archive.

10. Chrysalis-

The dislikes: I just don't care for the art for Bigger, the Persuader. Storywise, I feel that Faerie Tail is too abrupt- I prefer the works that take time with the evolution and the process, that really indulge in the transformation. Cuckoo's Nest has good art and a since of humor, but it's too over the place. I'm going to skip talking about Sudo and other one-shots because I don't know where they are going yet, plot wise.

stosh86
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2014, 07:04:37 pm »

BEYOND RUBBIES,  ONLY!!!  The only reason I subscribe!
salanar
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2014, 11:51:10 am »

Whoops I voted for only 1 Sad

#2. would have been Con-fused
#3 would have been bearing gifts
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2014, 08:43:35 pm »

Whoops I voted for only 1 Sad

#2. would have been Con-fused
#3 would have been bearing gifts

You can "Remove Vote" and vote again.
Also, Con'Fused isn't on the list because no issue was published in 2014.
sohta123
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2014, 12:40:21 am »

Agree that BR probably didn't 'need' to be on the poll since it's most everyone's favorite anyhow.
After that a lot of the series have single issues that are better than others but many equal out overall (with a few exceptions both ways).

The most outstanding issue IMO is Chrysalis #8. Incredibly hot! And the artwork is first rate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: