Mind Control Comics Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:13:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: May 2016 Bonus: Alteration  (Read 13735 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 09:14:26 am »

What's the purpose of keeping it to 1 month only and not "must be a member during that month"?

Um, I'm not quite sure I see a significant distinction between the two.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 09:14:44 am »

Think of it as incentive to not join for one month every year or two.

Excuse me?

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 10:57:29 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:40:33 am by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 11:00:02 am »

Ah, yes, that makes sense.

The function of the bonuses is, explicitly, to reward people who keep continuous memberships as opposed to those who "dip in" once in a while.

haboogaba
Browser
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 02:00:18 pm »

The distinction is that, having been a loyal member for a long time, I could go back to any bonuses I missed purely due to circumstance as opposed to the assumption that I wasn't a member that month.
Sorry for the poor wording.

My main point of the post though was finding out if there was any other way to get the content? Direct link to the artist or something? Been a member for a long time but I've missed quite a few bonuses purely due to circumstance, but would very much like to see the content. (In particular Sturk's)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 06:36:28 pm »

We're working on upgrades to our content management system to allow for members who missed bonuses to go back and get them. For the moment, though, there's no facility for that.

We do announce each and every update in email when it comes out, and you can set a notification on the Bonuses board to get an email when a new one is posted.

Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 08:21:41 pm »

I think he means that in its current form, the bonus scheme is an incentive to remain a member rather than take out intermittent one month memberships.

(Although I guess if you took out a one-month membership around the 27th of every other month, you'd probably be able to collect every bonus?)
You got it. Sorry I was unclear.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 08:40:57 pm »

It's that "not" placement problem. Smiley

Geo
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 11:20:53 am »

Executes faster with the not. The vast majority of people are not members, so we can bypass a jump instruction most of the time.

Though I suppose this is the sort of thing Knuth was talking about when he called premature optimization evil.
sturkwurk
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Render Monkey

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 01:47:15 pm »

I myself missed out on the chance to download this story.  It happens.

I came,
I rendered,
I'm still broke!
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 10:07:33 pm »

And now this one is up on the new site!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: