Mind Control Comics Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:33:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 264: Skill Set  (Read 8589 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 27, 2014, 11:48:34 am »

Tuesday, January 28th.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 01:40:35 pm »

Beware the seemingly straightforward title.  This would seem to point to Dani's conversation with Adrian about completing repairs to The Watch or Cherry's exploits with a softened room in Adrian's absence.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 05:08:36 pm »

Just have find out late tonight or 5:00 am Tuesday
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 12:25:17 am »

So good work by both Dani and Adrian on the "finding somewhere private to talk" front.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 01:23:33 am »

Cherry is a problem. 

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 05:14:42 am »

He ask Dani if she put watch back together and use it

Will this break the bond that Jakob have on Dani?
will she have bad dream to her death.  Huh

My think is that Cherry see dani walk in a room then follow in or hear Dani crying.
I think that Cherry walk in the area or room

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:11:26 am by laguna85 » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 11:11:33 am »

I think Dani was probably conditioned to ignore or forget about Cherry until such time as Cherry wished to be noticed.  So, the Watch guy is somehow affiliated with the Kuplers (whether he's an agent, a faithful henchman, a mentor, or a servant striking out on his own...or something else entirely is impossible to tell at the moment).  Also, Cherry knew Erin back in Missori, and somehow got affiliated with the Kupler crew, but not as a harem member (at least not a member of Jakob's harem).  Whaaat?? Huh  Of course that's my typical reaction when we have an abrupt turn in this comic.

Also, may I just say--how things have changed in a calendar year out here.  364 days ago, ep 156 was published (Vik going ballistic as Adrian met Laura for a date).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:17:19 am by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 12:10:28 pm »

My think is that Cherry see dani walk in a room then follow in or hear Dani crying.

Dani is talking to Adrian from around where she was standing in the first panel of 259. It's the same spot in front of the fire that Laura was talking to him from in 263. I always had the impression that the living room and kitchen are right next to each other but maybe I've got that wrong. Regardless, if I were in that house with all those people and someone told me to make a call from somewhere private, I'd go to my bedroom.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 03:23:25 pm »

Dani is talking to Adrian from around where she was standing in the first panel of 259. It's the same spot in front of the fire that Laura was talking to him from in 263. I always had the impression that the living room and kitchen are right next to each other but maybe I've got that wrong. Regardless, if I were in that house with all those people and someone told me to make a call from somewhere private, I'd go to my bedroom.

I'm with you only place is private in a house is the bedroom. but Dani allway come in with out knocking
But look like there in the same room the living room
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:52:43 pm by laguna85 » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 08:42:41 am »

Any ideas on the translation of the German(?) pop-up text?
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 09:10:45 am »

It's from Goethe's Faust.

It's the last line of a verse which is translated, at Wikiquote (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Goethe%27s_Faust), as:

I'm still so young, still so young too!
And already I must die!
I was pretty too, and that's the reason why.

Google Translate has the last part as "and that was my ruin", which I think fits better.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 10:59:53 am »

This what I have
Schön war ich auch, und das war meim Verderben
I was beautiful too, and that was my undoing

i have change it
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:01:54 pm by laguna85 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 01:21:48 pm »

Schon war ich auch, und war meim Verderben
Already I was, and that was my undoing

Schon means already; schön means beautiful (or pretty, or nice - it's a ruthlessly efficient language).

Recent pop-up texts have been from The Road To Santiago by (the) Oysterband - "And the devil walks behind us on the road to Santiago." So Faust is a continuation of a theme for the Julian and Cherry pages.

Faust suggests a good person led astray. Cherry? Julian? Jakob?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: