Mind Control Comics Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:55:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 260: Review Copy  (Read 14836 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 12, 2014, 10:00:52 am »

Tuesday, January 14th!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:47:33 pm by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 11:47:41 am »

will be like installment SJI- 51?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:33:14 pm »

Much as delaying on a cliffhanger might be frustrating, an expanded roster with loyalties and affiliations might be helpful long-term.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 05:43:32 pm »

The title seems to lead so logically on from Cherry telling Marliese that she's a fan of hers that it seems almost unthinkable that the story will too.

Thinking more laterally... albeit along lines I've already outlined here recently...

Cherry appears to know about all of Erin's harem sisters. If this knowledge has been obtained by magic then is Cherry really Cherry, or is she merely a conjured-up copy?

And, well, twins are copies too...

Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 06:24:48 pm »

Cherry might also know things in the sense that when the Devil shows up in a story, he tends to know who's who. 

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 11:27:27 am »

Yeah, but Cherry seems to be the accomplice of the driver,  not his mistress.  Also, she seems more solid than the cosmetics twins, and I don't see how she could be the magical manifestation of the anger of one of the Honeywells.  Not really sure where you're trying to head there, GW.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:34:27 am by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 02:32:51 pm »

Yeah, but Cherry seems to be the accomplice of the driver,  not his mistress.  Also, she seems more solid than the cosmetics twins, and I don't see how she could be the magical manifestation of the anger of one of the Honeywells.  Not really sure where you're trying to head there, GW.

They're two different ideas about what 'copy' could refer to. And as I say, they both just happen to be ideas I've tossed into the ring recently.

1) Cherry may not actually be the real Cherry but a clever magician pretending to be her (i.e. a copy).

2) Amy and Hayley are twins - and thus copies. I'm ashamed to say that it only really occurred to me that this might actually turn out to be relevant to the plot when one of them went missing.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 12:10:57 am »

Well, that revelation makes Vik a more likely villain in my mind.  If Amy broke up with him and he refused to accept it, he'd have a motive to develop Pink Clouds on his own.  Perhaps the business with Alex and Katie was a test run of some kind?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 12:49:36 am »

Certainly an interesting episode. The Vik revelation explains the level of his antipathy towards Adrian too. But the implication would surely be that he knowingly gave Kanti to Q (86), which would make him a real villain. It may also suggest a longer-standing relationship between Vik and Q than they've admitted to. Which might explain how he got to Pink Clouds in the first place. And just what did he do with Laura while she was under?

I can't work out if Marliese's expression in panel 3 is hinting that Cherry's made a mistake.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 02:47:57 am »

I think it has more to do with the fact that the term 'gold star lesbian' means a lesbian who's never slept with a guy, and Marliese can't count herself as one of those anymore.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 03:36:57 am »

So Vik found the pink cloud after the hoilydays (Sij-83), a good doctor had Amy under control from Oct,
We found out that Suggestibility is about one to four minutes (SIJ-221) and may last Hour, days, and weeks.
Now found that Vik Need the Pink cloud to make Amy his and maybe the folks may not like his pick of wife.

So we know that Marliese write book about Lesbian Love. So that Mallory may be husband to Marliese

than also that Cherry and Erin are Lover?
That Erin may have Three or more lovers.
Himm this get very good.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 07:11:47 am »

At this point I'm wondering if Vikram is not so much "evil" as "crazy" and "self-delusional".  When he saw Adrian with Amy at the restaurant he certainly seemed surprised, and had a bit of a monologue rationalizing things to himself about how he was never sure it would last, etc. 

On the 'good news' front, however, Laura is now aware of Vik's deception here - how he for months thought he was going out with Amy.  I wonder if the reason Amy broke up with him in October was because of Derek's influence, now that I think about it.

Which further might explain Vik's actions - I mean, his motive could be that if Derek and Adrian get harems of hot mind-controlled sex slaves, why not him?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 07:38:34 am »

I would go with self-delusional.  A hot, smart girl he really liked and dated for awhile broke up with him in October and then after stewing for a month and a half on his own, he had to go home and listen to his relatives pester him about getting married.  So, when he returned, he decided to go out on a date with Amy to try to rekindle something and tell her how he really feels about her and then...The Watch and PC dashed his castles in the air.

I...can't see Vik doing anything to Laura during her blackout because he seems to

1. Really care about his sister, and
2. Not like Q AT ALL when this arc started.

Even if he were ambivalent about his sister's safety with an untested MC perfume, I can't see him knowingly and voluntarily putting Kanti at Q's mercy.

The layers of that sort of denial make interesting elements for the birth of a supervillain.

I could even see Vik as Blue Gloves targeting Amy to set up an impromptu engagement party, but I can't see him employing henchwomen, and it seemed like Blue Gloves was repsonsible for the formula theft just after Vik walked out of the building with Kanti on Harem Night.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 10:52:58 am »

I would go with self-delusional.  A hot, smart girl he really liked and dated for awhile broke up with him in October and then after stewing for a month and a half on his own

I think "crazy" has to be paired with "self-delusional" to this.  In #83, which is unambiguously after the holiday break, Vik tells Laura that he has a date that very evening.  In #132 he is actually leaving a message asking Amy if they should reschedule when he sees her and Adrian in the Golden Snail.

So what is Amy doing getting messages from an ex about rescheduling a date with someone with whom she'd been broken up for months without telling anyone?  Or maybe she's just thinking that that weird grad student she used to date still thinks they have something, and it's not worth mentioning.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 12:28:01 pm »

The people (or possibly one person) behind the taking of Amy are also behind the taking of Alex and Katie. Those people were able to gain access to a Princess Pink van and deliver Princess Pink stock to the store where Alex was working.

Blue Gloves picked up Alex and Katie, so Blue Gloves is in this group. If Vik is Blue Gloves then Blue Gloves did not break in to steal Vik's work. If Vik is part of this group then there was no need for any of its members to break in and steal Vik's work.

Q gets out of prison, gets a job with Princess Pink, and hooks up with Kanti. Then out of the blue Kanti's lovelorn brother hits upon Pink Clouds. What were the chances? 253 possibly suggests Q has Kanti how he wants her and he's on easy terms with someone who has a lab - presumably someone who won't be asking lots of questions about what he wants it for (which appears to rule out Yves).

I think it has more to do with the fact that the term 'gold star lesbian' means a lesbian who's never slept with a guy, and Marliese can't count herself as one of those anymore.

Which I guess would suggest Cherry was far from making a mistake. Quite the reverse.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: