Mind Control Comics Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:13:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 258: The Ghost of Christmas Past, 4  (Read 5663 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 05, 2014, 09:02:30 pm »

Tuesday, January 7th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 09:45:10 am »

Something warm and beautiful to comfort us as the Eastern half of the lower 48 freezes?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:21:20 am »

It's indoors, at least!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 02:04:21 pm »

Something warm and beautiful to comfort us as the Eastern half of the lower 48 freezes?

take cold and snow for rain in south west
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 01:04:51 am »

I love the 'bursting out' effect going on. 

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 07:01:45 am »

My favourite of the four.  Quite apart from Haight's comment (with which I wholeheartedly agree), I like the background detail here, some of which confirms the accuracy of Dani's nightmares (the bird in its cage, the plants everywhere), and some of which is just plain intriguing:
1) Dani has the watch on her, prominently;
2) what's going on with the background silhouettes? (I mean, the guy holding up his glass, and the (apparently scantily-clad) woman's reaction.  Who is that woman?  (I'll go out on a limb and assume we've seen at least her name before, but I'll guess Claudia Echo on the basis of exactly nothing the apparently slender build.)
3) Interesting cuff links - probably nothing, but their prominence at the front of the image, combined with the fact that glowy red things are plot significant in the SJI-verse, makes me wonder.
4) 2010.  Hmmm...  Even more to contemplate about Dani's timeline, and to wonder what happened in the relatively short period of time before arriving at Wilmot.

And that is even before we get to how well Dani is drawn here.  Kudos.

I've really enjoyed these pinups.  Thanks!

Edited to change my guess as to the identity of a silhouette.  (Wow, that sounds either obsessive, or kind of pathetic, or both, when put that way.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:06:15 am by Werdna » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 04:50:13 am »

The costume definitely does pop.  Could he have programmed her to wear a Wonderbra as part of her ensemble for the evening?  Basically, this means she was at Wilmot for nine months or less before Adrian showed up.  However, it does appear that she was, in fact, Maitresse en titre of the New York Kupler harem.

Her flight is still a mystery to me, though.  She fled/escaped/wandered off with The Watch and a full wardrobe of fantasy costumes from her time in the harem?  Could she have taken someone with her if she'd tried?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: