Mind Control Comics Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:21:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 255: The Ghost of Christmas Past, 1  (Read 23842 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: December 25, 2013, 10:19:37 am »

Friday, December 27th.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 06:32:28 pm »

Himm what centenary are you useing for the model?
going be good  Grin
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 05:20:56 am »

Title gives no clue.  Are we focusing on the first or second cohort with this series or will it be a mix?  Or will we see some characters who were introduced long ago and are about to emerge in the new storyline?  Sue, anyone?
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 12:27:04 am »

So it is JACQUELYN RAVELLA the ghost of christmas Past
Dec,1988
so teenager?
I see she have her Care bear (Grumpy Bear)

My time woman
my teenager
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:35:33 am by laguna85 » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 01:08:04 am »

Yes, this appears to be a flashback to Jacqui's teen years.  Two questions though

1. What exactly is that medallion belt...er, accessory?

2. The Accordion?  Synthesizer, yes.  Guitar, sure.  Drums, maybe.  But an accordion?  Does she audition for a girl group version of the Kinosha Kickers to appease her parents over her interest in rock?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 02:00:25 am »

I like Jacky's current hair and trimming scheme, but her accessories from the 80's were nice...  also, apparently pregnancy did nice things to her bust size.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 01:21:21 pm »

My thinking the belt is a south west type belt
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 06:09:54 pm »

Accordion?

And an anglo concertina.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 07:54:03 am »

Grudging concessions to her parents?  Those don't strike me as "Jacqui" instruments at all.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 09:51:03 am »

I imagine her parents demanded she learn the concertina in return for allowing the tattoo.

Is that a mandolin rather than a guitar?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 09:53:41 am »

Is that a mandolin rather than a guitar?

Yes. Good catch!

Speaking as someone who has spent a lot of time around musicians, I don't think any parents are going to be mollified by their daughter hanging out with musicians by her saying, "But they're folk musicians!"

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 11:06:00 am »

Yeah, such was their reputation that for centuries before the Hays Code folk singers had been forced to keep at least one finger in their ear.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 01:43:58 pm »

Speaking as someone who has spent a lot of time around musicians, I don't think any parents are going to be mollified by their daughter hanging out with musicians by her saying, "But they're folk musicians!"

Actually, if they knew anything about folk musicians those would probably be the *last* musicians they'd let their daughter hang around.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 01:45:27 pm »

Actually, if they knew anything about folk musicians those would probably be the *last* musicians they'd let their daughter hang around.

If you have ever worked a Renaissance Faire, you know this to be true.

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 03:37:21 pm »

The instrument selection would seem to imply that Jacqui didn't truly discover rock until her very late teens/early 20s (about the same time she met Pearl's father).  Did her parents refuse to buy instruments of the "devil's music" so Jacqui went subversive on them, knowing firsthand the reputation and proclivities of folk musicians?  I still can't quite wrap my head around this.  I'd have thought she'd have an ax, a synthesizer and a full drum set, not an accordian, mandolin, and concertina.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: