Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:32:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 479: Catching Up.  (Read 6763 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: February 01, 2016, 09:38:17 pm »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 10:01:44 pm »

So, perhaps a little fun to lighten the deliberations over their next move?  Plus, a discussion about Pearl and what the events of the last couple days mean.  Interesting. Grin
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 12:48:36 am »

Oh, I think it's more than ok. Gotta charge those witch batteries somehow.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 12:21:07 pm »

I wonder how happy Raven will be.

I never feel like I understand Erin's relationship with Raven. I understand Raven's position, just not Erin's. It doesn't feel like it's ever going to end well from Raven's point of view. Would it have started without the watch? Is it just about casual sex from Erin's point of view?

With Miriam it appears to be a trainee witch thing (didn't see that coming). If we're looking into future outcomes then this might conceivably feed into g25's (ahem) pearl necklace story.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 12:44:59 pm »

Would it have started without the watch? Is it just about casual sex from Erin's point of view?

I think it would have started without the watch - it fits Erin's MO for it to be about casual sex, with the other party more invested than her. "I was always the one with satellites' or something like that. However, I don't think Raven was assuming any sort of monogamy - she knows about Adrian, after all. As long as she's not left high and dry, I suppose.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 01:40:26 pm »

The thing with Raven might partially mirror one of Erin's flings (she's supposed to have had a couple of those as well as the rocky relationships...and we know those end terribly).  I think Raven will be reincorporated into Erin's social circle soon.  We have to remember that it's been less than a week since Dani got run over by Julian and Cherry.  So, while a LOT has happened in that time and Raven has been left out of it, I think there will be a place for her going forward, although she won't be comfortably in the armaments and battle strategy meetings that will assuredly come up.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 02:48:17 pm »

I'm maybe overestimating Raven's jealousy. It's hard to judge but I've had the sense that she's liable to overreact to things. We'll see, I guess. Plenty of people have gone into relationships with married people with their eyes wide open and ended up hurt simply because of that marriage.

The satellites remark doesn't necessarily mean that Erin was having sex with them, although it certainly might mean that.

I think more than anything else I'm puzzled by the Raven relationship from a plot point of view. There doesn't have to be a plot reason for Raven to exist, but there probably is one. It was a somewhat confusing and chaotic chain of events that brought Raven and Erin together. If there is a reason for Raven to exist (and a possible one is presenting itself to me) then that chaotic path would start to look like a carefully plotted accident of fate.

Speaking of Erin's flings, I just noticed that we're told in 228 that the actor playing Romeo is called Clay and he's the ex who swore off girls. Presumably he's the one Mallory referred to in 5 as going both gay and celibate. Which puts a bit of a slant on the "rule 63" stuff in the discussion for 472.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 03:06:35 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 02:52:27 pm »

That's the first time we've seen Clay, isn't it? Huh

I must say, if that is him, his look defies easy definition, but it's appealing as well as confusing.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 03:17:38 pm »

his look defies easy definition, but it's appealing as well as confusing.

Of course, it's his feet he's best known for.

I'm guessing that was he. It's the closest I've got to understanding the reactions of Erin and RĂ©ka in panel four.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: