Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:03:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 473: Behind the Scenes  (Read 12762 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 14, 2016, 06:36:04 pm »

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 02:53:56 pm by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 09:54:56 pm »

Okay, this could be a very interesting conversation. Smiley
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 12:41:11 am »

They only deprogrammed her? For shame  Grin

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 01:09:32 am »

Well, that covers everything that happened in that storeroom at Deep Black (well 98% of it, everything but the sensation linkage between Adrian, Pearl, Erin, and Dani) but she didn't talk about the bedroom thing with the crystal.  Was she in the room when Dani did that?  On an unrelated note, is Pearl's internal sarcasm detector busted?  We've seen her USE sarcasm before and one would assume that almost any time spent around Jacqui would expose her to it, but clearly she just missed it right there.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 01:37:38 am by jmundt29 » Logged
knightrider007
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 10:00:38 am »

"I don't have a word for what I am. Or what" doesn't really make sense to me.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 11:07:24 am »

...she didn't talk about the bedroom thing with the crystal.  Was she in the room when Dani did that?

Isn't that what she means when she says "But something happened at the house."?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 12:33:47 pm »

You're right.

But that might mean what Erin's saying here is just a flat-out lie?  Jakob's programming is what kicked off the Night of the Watch in the first place.  Watch programming is supposed to be in some senses irreversible.  Was Jakob's programming of Pearl not with the Watch?

Or perhaps the statements about programming were accurate at the time, but are not now?  So, is it possible the programming of the Harem could be reversed?  And they haven't brought this up or acted on it because

A. They're conditioned to like their current condition and
B. Adrian has been caring and the most adventurous things that he's done have been to fulfill their fantasies and satisfy their innermost desires?

Does deprogramming have super lusty side effects, like the Pink Clouds antidote?  Or is Erin deliberately telling a half-truth here.  As in "We stripped away Jakob's programming of you." But I'm not telling you about the new architecture we laid down in your head.  Or something like that.

On the speech bubble, it could be a misspeak (although quite a strange one) or one of the "Whats" is supposed to be something else.  My best guess is that either the first "what" is supposed to be a "who" or the second "what" is supposed to be a "why."  But that's just a guess.  Viva Martes!
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 12:57:06 pm »

The sentence doesn't finish. My guess is it should be "Or what I do."

I think Jakob used the pendant on Miriam but not the watch.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 12:59:32 pm »

So, only missing an ellipse.  Cool.  So, is it all instinctive with her then?

Incidentally, have we ever heard about Erin's biological parents?  Who they were, what they did, why they aren't around?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 01:22:13 pm »

Well, missing a full stop. I suspect the text overflowed the bubble.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 02:43:25 pm »

A. They're conditioned to like their current condition

I think this is true, to a certain extent, but then again some of the things Marliese says make me think maybe no... but she's a very sarcastic person. Erin and Danielle's giggling while luring Miriam in to be hypnotized certainly speaks of *some* kind of enthusiasm.

B. Adrian has been caring and the most adventurous things that he's done have been to fulfill their fantasies and satisfy their innermost desires?

While this is true about the way Adrian's been playing things, there's nothing stopping them from deprogramming and then doing all those things anyway - unless they're worried Adrian wouldn't keep them all around unless he had that responsibility. Or if they're programmed to avoid being deprogrammed (as implied was going on with Miriam in this page).

Does deprogramming have super lusty side effects, like the Pink Clouds antidote?  Or is Erin deliberately telling a half-truth here.  As in "We stripped away Jakob's programming of you." But I'm not telling you about the new architecture we laid down in your head.  Or something like that.

I don't think Jakob had the full-on watch for all that long - he had to have Dani to make it, and it's implied that Jakob was 'grooming' Miriam for a long time - possibly since childhood, which would likely preclude him being able to use the watch on her. My guess is that Miriam herself didn't have any watch programming.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 04:10:55 pm »

I don't believe that we've seen any evidence that the watch was used on Miriam. We saw Jakob using the pendant on her.

The pendant doesn't work on victims of the watch, and currently the watch is not in working order. So even if it were possible to deprogram themselves, they currently couldn't do it as far as we know.

The innermost desires that Adrian is allowing them to satisfy are not theirs. Unless we're talking about Laura's preferred communication channel.

Dani appeared in Miriam's waking dream in her French maid's outfit and the two spoke. That doesn't necessarily mean Jakob's time with Dani overlapped with his time with Miriam though. It's a kind of shared dream I think, so Dani could have been contributing from her own memories.

I guess Erin's assertion that they simply removed Jakob's programming is consistent with the facts as we know them. Were they doing the same thing with EinfriĆ°ur?
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 08:57:47 pm »

Based off of the idea that Ein was found in a more... compromising position when she was depicted as having the pendant used on her, I figure that Dani went a bit further with her.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 02:08:26 am by Haight » Logged

mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 10:18:09 am »

Another possibility is that Erin is lying.  We have some evidence that her spell alone was capable of removing programming -- consider Danielle's improved English afterwards, and her explanation that her poor language use before was due to Jakob.

Maybe Erin did program Miriam to have sex with Adrian, not knowing the two were related, and now she's having an oh crap moment and trying to cover it up.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 01:47:57 pm »

She hasn't seemed disturbed by that particular bit of news before.  Is it possible she's just lying to cover up her efforts at harem expansion since Adrian gave an explicit "no" (though arguably in a single case) and has yet to give an explicit "yes" to such activity?

Have we ever seen him angry at the girls?  The closest I can remember is him being frustrated that a shopping run with "two things on the list" led to a confrontation that resulted in more temporary guests.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: