Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:02:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 472: Stage Door  (Read 8798 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 11, 2016, 06:47:05 pm »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 09:24:01 pm »

Rendezvous at the theater with the lovely Erin?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 10:29:13 pm »

That would be nice. Grin
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 11:47:28 pm »

I can't help but remember that Erin was super obviously staring at Miriam's chest the last time they were talking, heh. Here's hoping Erin's mind is on the same track...

I wonder if she's going to spill the beans on the full extent of mind control that's going on around her. Unfortunately, I think Miriam might freak.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:19:44 am by Haight » Logged

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 12:38:45 am »

My take was that Miriam wanted to know about Erin's powers and Erin decided to reveal something to her. Her parting shot was: "Just be there"; and then more quietly: "And I hope I'm right."

I had three vague thoughts about that last remark. Firstly, Erin isn't sure she can trust Miriam. Secondly, Erin maybe sees some witchy potential in Miriam (it wasn't a pentacle but maybe it was a sign). Thirdly, something about what Dani did with the pendant.

I wouldn't rule out a friendly end to their encounter, but it's possible it's going somewhere else.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 12:45:31 am »

I somehow think the pendant that Miriam wears has the wrong number of points on it...

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 08:32:11 am »

So, who is that "I come in this way?"  I assume that's the person playing Romeo, who we haven't met.  Is it a clean shaven Prince Valiant-type guy, or a girl eschewing makeup for either the role or personal choice? Huh  Very interesting.

We've seen the brunette who I guess is playing Tybalt(?) at rehearsals before.  The one who joined Erin's comment of "Shut up, Weston."  Wink  Hee. Grin  Wait, is that Reka?  Yup, a scan back assures me that is Reka.  Wow.  I thought all the crystals were gone.  Did some drama major lift one and plant it under the stage years ago?

Is it just that Weston unleashes his id on and around the stage?  His behavior and comments are easy to interpret as Right Said Fred cocky here.  Having seen and heard him outside this setting, I'm pretty sure he isn't a heel, but the stage seems to amp him up.  If Weston weren't here, I'd be asking if this was an all-actress production of Romeo & Juliet.  That would be a very interesting inversion of Elizabethan norms.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:39:02 am by jmundt29 » Logged
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 10:02:10 am »

The play is rule 63, basically.

jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 11:23:58 am »

We have yet to be introduced to the person playing Romeo.  Rule 63 is possible.  I'm not very familiar with this stuff, but wouldn't strict Rule 63 require a guy playing Juliet for complete inversion?

Also, the student body is supposed to be somewhere between two thirds and three quarters women, isn't it?  It could just be a pragmatic approach.
stiggle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 01:36:40 pm »

nice fitting "hover" text
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 03:18:21 pm »

Yeah, that was nicely done. I had considered working in a further reference to Miriam's pendant but it seemed a bit irreverent all round... and I've kind of done it now anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: