Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:17:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 471: Following Procedure  (Read 12312 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 07, 2016, 12:43:21 pm »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 03:28:44 pm »

But here he looks fully engaged, even angry.  Maybe it was a calculated bluff.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 06:12:26 pm »

But here he looks fully engaged...

I don't think we've seen Adrian 'fully engaged' since the aptly-named #451, if you know what I mean and I think you do.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 01:35:36 am »

I mean, I'm all for mind control, but I'm with Adrian on this one even if only because she knows Cherry waaay better than he does.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
stiggle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 02:19:39 am »

Missing the .jpg off the end of the IMG tag - so here is the direct link to the image (for members) and the accompanying hover text

http://mindcontrolcomics.com/members/weeklies/sji/sji-i471.jpg
"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."

salanar
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 02:43:23 am »

I rather like Adrian here. I've always liked him as a character, but this time he feels more....human? more real is likely a better answer. I love MC stuff, but I do greatly appreciate someone with power who applies it when necessary rather than just because.
bac_vi
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 07:59:21 am »

Seems like a trap to me.   Doesn't this guy have one of the scallop devices?   Do they override one another?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 10:40:08 pm »

This is the Adrian I remember liking.  As far as Julian's offer being a trap, I'm sure it is one.  The question isn't whether there is a trap, but if the crew can avoid it.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 12:19:42 am »

This is Adrian showing he's a decent person, in spite of the power he's stumbled into.  I do like that, but there's also a part of me that would like to see the SJI harem temporarily under the thumb of someone more aggressively dominant as a contrast.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 01:17:35 am »

This is Adrian showing he's a decent person, in spite of the power he's stumbled into.  I do like that, but there's also a part of me that would like to see the SJI harem temporarily under the thumb of someone more aggressively dominant as a contrast.

Well they kind of were at inception, when Danielle was following her programming. Keeping the overzealous maitresse-en-titre might have been fun, heh. We know the harem has been sort-of expanding (without full on watch programming) with what they did to Miriam and Ein... I'd love to see more of that, of course, preferably with full-on enslavement. I can't imagine Daphne would leave us without *some* titillation in the near future in this comic. The last few panels haven't been particularly sexy... but they're good plot, regardless, and something that had to happen.

I can't help but think that Julien is not only gung-ho with the mind control, but kind of dumb. If you have people who obey your every command, you don't get in the habit of never asking for input, because the sky could be about to fall on your head and *you'd never know*. I mean, even in the context of employment, it's good to have people who will make suggestions when the program isn't working; when I have a new batch of workers/students, I always say something absolutely pants-on-head retarded the first day and see who calls me out on it (and those are the people whose input I tend to value more). To bring it back to fantasy mind control, while Adrian isn't an idiot himself, he's got a harem of superlatively talented gals, and he'd be a fool not to make use of their expertise. Julien, while a dangerous man, is at least a bit of a fool.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 01:24:17 am by Haight » Logged

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 08:44:42 am »

You could argue Adrian's mainly concerned about appearing strong in front of Julian here. Julian needs something; Adrian's playing cool about giving it to him and pretending(?) he's not interested in what Julian's offering in return.

For all that Adrian's flaunting his decency in front of nasty Julian, he's just posturing. His own weakness is revealed at the point where he doesn't rule out killing Jakob.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2016, 10:40:10 am »

Eh. Jakob's a mad dog.

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 12:18:56 pm »

But Adrian was pretending he didn't get that. Then he tacitly accepted that he might need to kill Jakob - that he might need Julian's help.

This is a really well written encounter.

I'm playing devil's advocate to an extent. But whether it's true or not, arguably Adrian playing up the fact that he will ask Erin is just a final act of defiance. Julian arranged this meeting and he has got what he wanted from it.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 06:50:51 pm »

He's heard from the girls who and what Jakob is.  He doesn't have the first hand knowledge Julian does, but he's aware.  I'm putting his earlier statement down to a bluff.  He accepts that it might be necessary, but not that it is necessary.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 08:46:23 pm »

I have a question.  Have we ever seen Adrian issue an order other than "don't expand the harem" when the question of Raven arose?  He gave permission for them to call him Master openly, but is that an order?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: