Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:01:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 464: Employee Review.  (Read 8078 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: December 14, 2015, 08:48:06 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 09:16:32 am »

This going be nice to all in slave girls
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 02:34:59 am »

Mind controlled strippers: always a good choice.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 12:11:45 pm »

Is this the first in-comic reference to Van Winkle's since 13? This appears to confirm it's part of Sawyer's empire, but is it distinct from Sawyer's itself? And will we ever find out why Erin has the t-shirt?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 05:15:05 pm »

Was 13 when Erin was wearing that sweatshirt?  Hmm.

Actually, I don't believe so.  The mention of Sawyer is an indication that that particular dancer would prefer to work at Sawyer's but isn't getting shifts.  She seems to be implying that desperate times call for desperate measures.  In fact, it looks like Van Winkle and Sawyer are competitors of a sort.  It seems generally accepted that Sawyer runs a classier and safer joint than Van Winkle (Dani quit, it's a smoker's paradise, etc. and now we find out that Van Winkle himself hits on and tries to control the girls).

Sawyer seems to put more money into upkeep of his establishment and doesn't overtly hit on performers.  In fact, it seems that some of Van Winkle's talent is dancers who need the money but can't get work at Sawyer's.  However, it's an open question whether Sawyer deserves his reputation.  It seems he is also aware of PC and permitted its use on his performers in his establishment.  That doesn't sound like a great work environment to me.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 09:43:14 pm »

However, it's an open question whether Sawyer deserves his reputation.  It seems he is also aware of PC and permitted its use on his performers in his establishment.

Not to mention the apparent use of subliminals.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 04:23:36 am »

Wait what? Did I miss something?

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 06:43:21 am »

Wait what? Did I miss something?

Hard too see on page sji-211- sji-214 at bottom there is little white words (anything He wants) subliminals
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 01:46:41 pm »

I'm inclined to think - because it was evidently wrong for the words to still be there when Jacqui walked into the empty cubicle (Daphne corrected this) - that the "Anything he wants" message represented Alex's suggestion looping around Caitlyn's mind. I may be wrong about that but if it was a subliminal message then there was no reason for it not to still be playing after Caitlyn and Yves had left.

Was 13 when Erin was wearing that sweatshirt?  Hmm.

Actually, I don't believe so.  The mention of Sawyer is an indication that that particular dancer would prefer to work at Sawyer's but isn't getting shifts.  She seems to be implying that desperate times call for desperate measures.  In fact, it looks like Van Winkle and Sawyer are competitors of a sort.  It seems generally accepted that Sawyer runs a classier and safer joint than Van Winkle (Dani quit, it's a smoker's paradise, etc. and now we find out that Van Winkle himself hits on and tries to control the girls).

Firstly, yes (about 13), although I'd have said it was a t-shirt. I don't think we know where Dani worked as a stripper.

My take on this page was that "he" was the manager of Van Winkle's, while Sawyer is the owner. But I may be wrong about that too.

Surely the point of this scene is that this bunch of women we've never met before is being called in to see their boss one at a time. This is not a regular thing (they don't know what's going on) and there's a strong indication that they're coming back with an altered outlook on things. We saw someone no one disputed was Sawyer holding a sample of Pink Clouds and stating that he intended to test it "here". Perhaps Vik has been hawking his wares all over town, but it's not obvious to me why there'd be any need for a separate business empire to be involved for the purposes of the story. As I say, I may be wrong though.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 02:57:48 pm »

Is this the first in-comic reference to Van Winkle's since 13?

We're playing a long game here.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 04:10:53 pm »

We're playing a long game here.

It's because it seemed such an admirable thing that I mentioned it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: