Mind Control Comics Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:23:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 447: Maneuvering.  (Read 10322 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 15, 2015, 07:55:37 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 08:02:18 am »

Now there's a plot thread we haven't seen in a while.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 11:27:36 am »

Hopefully a plot involving getting Ein out from under her employer... she's already had the crystal used on her, after all. And getting back that scallop...

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 11:14:56 pm »

Yeah, which one was it?  How powerful is it?  Can she or Johannes manipulate it, or would they need Dani's expertise anyway (craftwork, not her skills as a bodyguard)?  Huh
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 02:41:19 pm »

Has their schedule changed a bit since 429?

What language would Dani and Einfriður converse in that Johannes wouldn't understand? I assume that's the reason they're not talking English. Or are they so alike that they each just know what the other is thinking?

Is the diagram on the wall an SJI mind map?

Are there more questions than answers?
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 09:46:01 pm »

Do we know whether Johannes can speak French?  It might be as simple as that with the language.  Where exactly is this taking place?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 06:14:49 am »

I'd always assumed Dani's German ran to little more than asking if people could speak French or English (313). Since both she and Johannes can speak very good English, what language would their conversation in the first panel of 317 have been in if it wasn't French? (I've always really liked the transition in language across that panel, btw.)

As to where they are, Dani's in her work clothes. I'd thought that was Chuck that Johannes was talking to through the door but, well, if it is he's put on hair as well as weight. I don't know, basically. But I do know that if I were Dani I'd happily keep folding and unfolding my arms all day. Very happily.
stiggle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 07:50:56 am »

The chart on the wall could be the North Atlantic - looks a bit like Greenland to the right at the top - seeing as they're discussing likely flight routes and landing places.

The could just be whispering with Johannes in the next room.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 08:29:10 am »

They could certainly be whispering, but then they might as well talk in English, as they've been doing up to now. It doesn't matter; I just thought maybe there was a point being made. I'm not taking the separated-at-birth thing literally, but there's a connection - or at least a level of understanding - between Dani and Einfriður that is yet to be fully explained.
stiggle
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 01:00:34 am »

There is understanding as Ein is fulfilling the same role for Johannes as Dani did for Jakob - Bodyguard, Pilot, Assistant, Companion.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 11:10:26 am »

Well, yes, but as far as we know Dani was in that role because of the watch and Einfriður isn't: they're not in the same situation. As far as we know. That they seem to see it as the same might be telling us something about Jakob and Johannes, but it's something that we don't know yet.

It's hard to tell in a comic just how similar two characters are supposed to look but it seems as though they could be at least sisters if not twins. Do brothers normally share the same taste in women to the extent that they'd happen to pick up two pilots who are almost identical? It may just be an odd coincidence, or it may be intended to highlight how similar the two brothers are. Or there may be some deeper reason for it.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 01:34:37 pm »

Do we need a reason deeper than "blondes are hot"?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 01:48:14 pm »

On one level, no. But there are seven levels, after all. And, you know, Daphne could have just called the comic Blondes Are Hot and had the whole thing wrapped up on page one.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 02:30:24 pm »

On one level, no. But there are seven levels, after all. And, you know, Daphne could have just called the comic Blondes Are Hot and had the whole thing wrapped up on page one.

Bonus issue!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 06:47:45 pm »

Having some bonus content be SJI side stories would be pretty neat... even if the art team was different.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: