Mind Control Comics Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:28:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you be interested in pieces that are captioned photos rather than drawn  (Voting closed: January 08, 2012, 12:31:31 pm)
Sounds hot! - 12 (52.2%)
No. *Comics*, remember? - 11 (47.8%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you be interested in captioned photos (fumetti/photonovels)?  (Read 10808 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 01, 2012, 12:31:31 pm »

In Latin countries, a very popular form is a "photonovela" or "fumetti": Photographs (as opposed to illustrations) which are captioned or have word-balloons added like comics. Would you be interested in seeing these added to Mind Control Comics? They would never be a very frequent thing if we do them.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
stormrazor2000
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 07:43:49 pm »

I would have to see an example, but my initial reaction is "Please NO". You can get pictures anywhere, but you can only get great artists like HMB and the rest here in comic format.
Alan Bostick
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Pervy mind-control fancier

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 11:05:18 am »

I answered "Sounds hot!", but I want to add the caveat that they be original photography. Photomanips, especially the ones with huge overlays of text, leave me cold.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 11:06:00 am »

I answered "Sounds hot!", but I want to add the caveat that they be original photography.

They would be, for copyright reasons if nothing else.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
ramac
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 01:58:21 pm »

not a fan of that format myself.
downer
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Excited, can't you tell?

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 07:26:20 pm »

I personally prefer the illustrated kind. It just feels cheesy to see real photos with speech bubble overlays. They make it hard for me to suspend my disbelief. Sad

Favorites: 4f, Beyond Rubies, Bibliomancy, By the Book, St. James Infirmary, The Hidden Knowledge, Wizard of Bras

Interested: Checkered Past, Drains, Free Trade Zone, Green Sign, Stream, The Persuader
tods1976
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 11:40:46 pm »

I would have said no a few weeks ago. But I thought Rembrandt Jones' Porsha and Heather gallery 6n DA told a good story and was very hot.
Garg22
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 01:09:35 pm »

So long as it isn't too often I'd like to see some.  I like them on Hypnopics, but because there are so many on that site I'm in no rush to find more.
TPWombat
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 06:11:07 am »

Firm "yes" here, would love to see an occasional photo-story.
Lord_Blight
Browser
One Star Sneetch

COBRA Warlord

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 09:37:13 pm »

No. Comic books, comic art, drawn pictures, not photographs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: