Mind Control Comics Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:17:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which were your three favorite MCC comics in 2010!  (Voting closed: January 03, 2011, 05:57:18 pm)
Obedience - 9 (3.7%)
The Martian Harem - 3 (1.2%)
The Hidden Knowledge - 56 (23.2%)
Cuckoo's Nest - 12 (5%)
Terror in the Lost Colony - 5 (2.1%)
Bearing Gifts - 25 (10.4%)
GiddyLand - 4 (1.7%)
Excerpts from a Found Travel Guide - 3 (1.2%)
Signal Failure - 1 (0.4%)
The Convent of Saint Nicholas - 12 (5%)
Stream - 5 (2.1%)
Drains - 23 (9.5%)
Beyond Rubies - 31 (12.9%)
Oral Traditions - 2 (0.8%)
4F - 4 (1.7%)
Free Trade Zone - 10 (4.1%)
Wedding Ceremony - 5 (2.1%)
Homecoming - 5 (2.1%)
Pumpkins - 3 (1.2%)
Public Access - 5 (2.1%)
The Good People - 3 (1.2%)
Bibliomancy - 3 (1.2%)
Saint James Infirmary - 7 (2.9%)
The Green Sign - 5 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 69

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote for your favorite MCC comic of 2010!  (Read 29030 times)
jlpicrdh
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 08:43:48 pm »

Given the popularity of the "Bearing Gifts" stories, is that a vote for more "hardcore" MC (in the sense of the MC intensity)?
Personally, I say absolutely. My top picks are all on there because they feel the most intense.

In Mother Issues, you've got a mother actively helping betray and turn her own daughter, and then the daughter doing the same to her friend afterwords. Free Trade Zone has a dramatic transformation (both mental and physical) from a sort of Han Solo type character to a near bimbo sex slave in just a couple pages. Drains is intense mainly for the method of MC, rather than the results. There are plenty of mindlessly obedient characters on here, but only one hypnotic tentacle monster. Oral Traditions is cool because of the enslaved to be a Mistress concept, more like corruption rather than enslavement, which is one of my personal hot buttons.

Stream and Obedience don't really feel that intense. But I like the theme of Stream, and I like the twist nature of Obedience, where you're waiting for her to be enslaved, only to find out she's been enslaved since almost the beginning of the story.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 07:46:59 am »

I encouraged other folks to be more detailed and learned my own response was incomplete.

Personally, I'm not a hentai fan, but the MC as a result of the hentai in Drains looked like it could be quite interesting.  I'm a sci-fi and superheroines fan, but because I'm not a hentai enthusiast, I had reservations about Free Trade Zone (why it didn't make my list), but I'd like to see both develop more.

For whatever personal reason, I found that I wasn't a fan of Bertram's escapades.  Just my loss.  The art was eye-catching, the stories incorporated a variety of elements into his standard MO, but...

The succubus character, her shennanigans and her snarkiness really helped Cuckoo's Nest and the best part of the series so far (although there is great pontential for continuation with our "Time Tunnel Team" as they continue to bump into the nefarious one in their misadventures) was Oral Traditions.

As a superheroine fan, I'd like to see more of Stream, but it feels like we'll need a couple more episodes just to see where it's going.

Terror in The Lost Colony and St. James' Infirmary seemed to suffer from the same problem--they scattered all over the place.  St. James' is rather like your nighttime soap (Melrose, Beverly Hills 90210, etc.) but telling entire episodes in single panels feels like trying to tell original flight 90210 in two minute shorts.  After the first three episodes to introduce the St. James' occupants, we go all over the place on campus for various intrigues and forays and I felt like I wasn't sure who some of the characters we glimpsed were, or how they connected to the housemates, if at all.  With Lost Colony, after they were captured, we had attacks from outside forces, delving into the mental defenses (or lack thereof) of the crew and the story seemed to range all over so that I lost the thread at times.

With the diary format, the dashes of political intrigue and the overlapping mechanics of the MC, Martian Harem is still developing.

Bibliomancy--I realize the monastic inferno look and storytelling format were a nod to the time period in which the prequel story takes place, but the art and narrative of The Hidden Knowledge were appealing and more connectible.

I actually really liked the art on Wedding Ceremony.
ruger
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 10:37:48 pm »

I voted for Hidden Knowledge and Beyond Rubies. Definitely the high point of Mind Control Comics so far. Nothing else on the site really even came close.

"Heyyyyyyy! Wait just a goddamn minute!!! This is a fucking KID'S BOOK!!! Why are adults reading this?!? What the fuck is WRONG WITH EVERYONE?!? Jesus Christ!!! A 759 PAGE CHILDREN'S BOOK!!! It's like Roald Dahl on METH!!!" - loservillex.com on Harry Potter
pudding
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 08:21:57 am »

Ah, so many to choose from. Grin

For me it isn't what is my favorite three, since I like so many for so many different reasons. It is the ones I dislike that stand out.

First the ones I liked:

I picked Hidden Knowledge because of story.  Sex scenes seem to be undeveloped and incomplete but the story keeps you there. The art is good. I want more more and more.

I liked Terror in the Lost Colony, a cliffhanger, Batman and Lost in Space style.  Good artwork.

Convent has great artwork probably best on the site and although not a nunsploitation fan, great story.

I liked Giddyland.  Great story and artwork.  Keep it coming-please, please, please.

Oral Traditions was beautiful and timely.

Bearing Gifts is wonderful. Keep it coming-please please please.

Mommy Issues was also good.  Not into the incest thing, but this was tastefully (tactfully?) done.  I wouldn't mind seeing more.

Obedience was great. I would love to see more. I think this would have made a great illustrated story.

Pumpkins is also a favorite, but too quick.  This should be continued, although you probably already have enough on your plate.

I loved Homecoming.  This should be continued, although you probably already have enough on your plate.

Cuckoo's Nest is fine, last issues took a weird turn, but that can be good.

Wedding Ceremony had a good story, but I am still undecided on the art. 

Martian Harem is okay.  Neither good nor bad.  I will still watch/read it, but would prefer your limited time be spent on other, more needy projects.

Drains, 4F and Green Sign have okay stories as well. Not into tentacles, but I do appreciate it if done well.Waiting for more, but prefer your limited time be spent on other, more needy projects.   (am i repeating myself?)  Smiley

Now for the three I dislike the most:

Signal Failure.  Not a bad story, but artwork was not my cup of tea.  Tongue 

Bibliomancy- ugly art. But I love the idea of an illustrated story. That has more potential.  I love to read a story with the illustrations go along with it. Best of both worlds.  (This one just needed better illustrations)

Illustrated Stories are easier on the eyes and mind than trying to keep track of a story in a comic with all of those bubbles all over the place inside the comic. ( Who said that, this character or that character. Did he say that first, or did she? Where am I now?  Gosh, I forgot what the story is about  ) I also love that this is a prequel to Hidden Knowledge and both are based upon a real ancient manuscript.  You just can't make that stuff up!  Cheesy 

Extreme Makeover- A powerpoint presentation?  RU Kidding me?  Maybe its just I have to make those things up all the time for my profession.  But Powerpoint?  Sheesh.   Roll Eyes

Seriously, Extreme Makeover was a great idea. It was different and that, in of itself, is a good thing. Possibly if the artwork were photographs instead. Maybe CG? That would be more Hypnopics Collective, but still.  (don't even ask me about the possible legal copyright issues of using photos, that is outside of my paygrade)

In summary:

I like Poser/Computer Generated as well as hand drawn art so neither is a turnoff. I just don't like ugly artwork. 

Bring on more hardcore!  That's what we want!  Just don't forget the story, I think context is important.  Explicit sex is just part of the story, not separate.  But I am probably being greedy.  Smiley

My main suggestion is that I want to see more complete stories, i.e. completed multi-chapters. Not exclusively, mind you, there is a place for cliffhangers and serials, but just to vary the site content a little. Currently, we have a whole bunch of uncompleted serials going on, no one is really satisfied.  It's like a bookstore, sometimes when you buy a book you want the whole book, not just a chapter at a time.  You want to lay back and read the whole story, especially if it is a good story.  If it is just a single chapter, one off or part of a series, that's wonderful, but every once in a while a complete "graphic novel" would be nice. 

That is my story and I am sticking to it.
robbie73_
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 12:22:06 pm »

My 3 favorite comics are:

The Hidden Knowledge, the characters are well defined and the story is very good.

Bearing Gifts, The whole idea of 1 man being able to wipe women's minds and turn them into SEX ROBOTS for any man's use and pleasure is any man's wildest wet dream.

And lastly, Drains, where a scientist creates a creature that can also wipe a girls mind and make her a slave to that professor, is awsome!!

Bearing Gifts could be made into a movie, when you start to think of what you will do for 2011, Daphne.
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 07:18:27 pm »

Beyond Rubies landed at number 2!

You win this round, Hidden Knowledge!

But it. is. on.
PortalComic
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 04:58:10 am »

Beyond Rubies landed at number 2!

You win this round, Hidden Knowledge!

But it. is. on.

"I didn't hear no bell!" - Rocky

"If you stop this fight I'll kill you." - Rocky
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 05:57:07 pm »

I wish I had seen this thread while the poll was still open.

I would have voted for:

1. "The Hidden Knowledge"--Your best comic.  Great writing, great art, great story.  Kayleigh's subjugation at the end of Part 2 is insanely hot.  Thanks, again, for restoring the ability to download, so fans like me can keep this one.
1a. "Bibliomancy"--I'm regarding this as the prequel.

2. "Beyond Rubies"--also superb in every way.  I like stories where the victims struggle against what's happening to them, and fail.

3. "The Convent of St. Nicholas"--A model of efficient storytelling, along with, again, excellent art.  This website has led me to discover that depictions of a group of naked women kneeling in front of a dominant Master is a turn-on for me.

Honorable mention--

1. "Obedience".  Shouldn't be forgotten.  Like how, as in "Beyond Rubies", the victim realizes what's happening and fights back.

2. "Free Trade Zone".  I like stories about sisters.

3. "Pumpkins".  Only regret is that it wasn't a two-parter alloting more attention to both girls.

4. "4F".  I like stories where the victim knows what's been done to her.

Worst stories (in no particular order):

1.  "Terror in the Lost Colony"--Boring.  Glacial pace.  The last one featured several panels of one victim running while others chased after her.  And the computer modeling style of art suffers badly from Uncanny Valley effect.

2.  "The Cuckoo's Nest"--see above.  Further plagued by the lack of any single story.  Honey just keeps blundering into one MC story after another.  (It is our bad luck that two of the worst comics are also the most frequently updated.)

3.  "Giddyland"--a guy in a bear suit with his dick hanging out is so ridiculous that the mood is ruined.

4. & 5.  "Signal Failure" and "Public Access"--terrible art.

And I'm sorry to keep harping on this, but the insanely slow pace of updates is a big problem with the site.  I might have listed "The Green Sign" as one of my favorites, if it hadn't been abandoned five months ago after only two installments.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: