Mind Control Comics Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:24:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative Payment Systems  (Read 41130 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 16, 2012, 08:20:13 am »

And here's the discussion thread.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:22:51 am by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 12:19:31 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 12:21:06 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 01:30:30 pm »

Sadly, I'm just too much of law-abidin' citizen to try to sneak around the credit card thing. Currently, for customers in the US, it's going to be Dwolla, since they have specifically said we're OK with them. We're still researching for customers outside the US, but we should have an option there shortly.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Tony
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 02:21:13 pm »

I'd love for you to state the statute that prevents you from using the credit cards for your business. My understanding is that it is an internal "rule" developed by the banks or CC card companies more than a specific law that prevents them from being able to process your receipts. If there is a law on the books that is preventing this, I'd love to know which one it is.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 02:25:33 pm »

I'd love for you to state the statute that prevents you from using the credit cards for your business. My understanding is that it is an internal "rule" developed by the banks or CC card companies more than a specific law that prevents them from being able to process your receipts. If there is a law on the books that is preventing this, I'd love to know which one it is.

No, there's no law; I was using "law-abidin'" in an extended sense. The specific rule is the MasterCard BRAM guidelines, which every credit card processor in the world has to follow.

rreader3
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

random reader

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 04:23:27 pm »

Is it just the videos that they object to, or the comics too?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 04:26:27 pm »

Is it just the videos that they object to, or the comics too?

Both. Anything that uses the Bad Words. Sadly!

I'll be honest; I'm steeling everyone for the day that:

(a) We'll start having to charge for renewals again, and,
(b) It won't be *quite* as easy as just whipping out your credit card.

I understand that there are other sites out there with MC content that are still taking credit cards. They just haven't been caught yet.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:29:22 pm by Daphne » Logged

pervagi
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 05:36:22 pm »

If I understand the Dwolla site correctly, I'd have to give them access to my bank account.....correct?  I'm always leery of giving access to someone of my accounts.  Paranoid, I guess.  Always afraid of someone raiding my account.

Will there be an option to send checks via snail mail?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 05:39:41 pm »

Will there be an option to send checks via snail mail?

Yes.

laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 11:04:55 pm »

How about you set up a posting.

That show the prices and address to send by Slow mail
one month
three month
Six month
One year

and address

and you what the screen name on the check?
Rockerduck
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 09:05:26 am »

I understand that there are other sites out there with MC content that are still taking credit cards. They just haven't been caught yet.
Does this mean you have already considered asking your competitors (such as mccomix) how do they do it? Perharps there is a lawful solution you haven’t found out about, and they could inform you.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 09:06:46 am »

Does this mean you have already considered asking your competitors (such as mccomix) how do they do it?

Yes.

frabman
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 11:35:00 pm »

If I understand the Dwolla site correctly, I'd have to give them access to my bank account.....correct?  I'm always leery of giving access to someone of my accounts.  Paranoid, I guess.  Always afraid of someone raiding my account.

A valid concern. But checks/money orders via snail mail... what are we, barbarians?

One work around is to get a 2nd account at your bank, keep a minimal balance, and xfer funds from your "real" account when you need to make a payment.
This works great, and I've actually done this in the past when a direct bank account was required and I didn't feel comfortable using my normal account.

If you are super-parinoid, you can even get an account at a different bank, and set up an electronic tranfer link for yourself from your main account.
I've not gone that far, because most banks have minimum balance requirements that can drain you via monthly fees.  And, really, that's too paranoid even for me.  Wink

Usually, minumum balance requirements apply for your entire portfolio of accounts, so having one extra checking account with a nominal balance of a single dollar doesn't trigger monthly fees.  And even if you do get raided, you're loss is limited to your nominal balance.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 12:07:42 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:36:39 am by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 02:58:58 pm »

Actually the email I just got is essentially what I was suggesting.

The idea has merit, no question! I just want to avoid anything that we could get seriously busted for. We're working on a solution that might fix all of the problems, but it's going to be a bit of a stretch.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: