Mind Control Comics Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:55:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Download issues?  (Read 61739 times)
stormrazor2000
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 01:52:38 pm »

I'm fine with removing downloads all together. I like to have them so I can read them when I don't have internet access but I can easily live without it.

As a compromise what about having a delay in when new content is available for download? I know it doesn't solve the problem, but it at least gives incentive for folks to keep supporting the site and the fine talent here.

T5Medici
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 02:43:19 pm »

Given that the new downloads have already appeared on file-sharing sites, we're evaluating how much work it's really worth to put into this feature. :/
Some people have no brains. Angry They simply don't understand "personal use". That doesn't mean "post it everywhere for everybody!"

I do appreciate the effort since some of the originals are very large and it is nice seeing the detail in the art which I think is missed on the web versions.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:45:36 pm by Tony » Logged
raven
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 10:07:07 pm »

I can't say I'm surprised, but still it sucks that there was such a quick turnaround for pirating.
elbenton
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Insert clever phrase or quotation here.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 06:13:00 am »

I don't understand the mindset of someone who would pay money to get the files here on MCC and then turn around and post them on some file-sharing site for everyone to see for free.  A lot of the people on those sites are such wankers.
bigsol81
Browser
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 06:19:21 pm »

Where do you actually download the comics? I haven't been able to find a link anywhere.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 06:21:41 pm »

Where do you actually download the comics? I haven't been able to find a link anywhere.

You can't, right now; we hope to have them back soon.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 08:45:47 pm »

Well, serves me right for not downloading "The Hidden Knowledge" when I had the chance.

Personally I prefer downloads because when you download, the pdf always corrects to the width of your screen.  I noticed that sometimes when you're reading the comic straight from the website, the page is too wide.  This was a problem when you are reading something like "Bearing Gifts" with dialogue on each end and you have to scrollbar back and forth.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 10:58:22 am »

OK, downloads have been reenabled. Let me know about any problems; be sure to mention the particular title and issue, and what the problem is. If you just say, "i cant downlod Sad", You Will Be Mocked.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
rreader3
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

random reader

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 06:23:11 pm »

It's still recompressing the jpegs - the loss in quality doesn't seem quite as noticeable as last time, but the artifacts are there when you look for them.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 06:26:40 pm »

It's still recompressing the jpegs - the loss in quality doesn't seem quite as noticeable as last time, but the artifacts are there when you look for them.

Sadly, can't be helped.

rreader3
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

random reader

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 06:43:35 pm »

Sure it can. Taking an existing jpeg file and putting it unaltered in a pdf as an image stream is basic pdf functionality.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 06:46:46 pm »

Sure it can. Taking an existing jpeg file and putting it unaltered in a pdf as an image stream is basic pdf functionality.

If you can supply a tool that:

1. Works on the command line.
2. Works on an arbitrary page size.
3. Does not recompress.

... we'll be happy to use it.

This only applies to the comics that started their lives as JPEGs (and that's really just Lost Colony).

rreader3
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

random reader

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 10:07:11 pm »

The one I was looking at was Cuckoo's Nest, not Lost Colony.

If the Cuckoo's Nest pdf is actually just a different compression of an original lossless source, then it may simply be that the one in the pdf is compressed to less than half the size (with corresponding reduction in quality) compared to the web one.

rreader3
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

random reader

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2012, 09:01:33 am »

2. Works on an arbitrary page size.

What are your specific requirements here? You want the page size to be variable between pages of a single document, following the proportions of the images? Or you just want to specify WxH in points, or DPI, for each comic or image?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 09:04:32 am »

Hang tight; I'm up to my hips in Python right now. (And, yes, that would make a great visual for a comic...)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: