Mind Control Comics Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:55:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Begun!  (Read 19873 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 01, 2010, 10:19:02 am »

And episode 1 is up!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 03:26:48 pm »

Art is kind of crude.
cmodzins
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 04:48:49 pm »

And episode 1 is up!

I like it, but not much for a first issue.
Skyrender
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Troll-Blooded

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 06:43:16 pm »

'ISSUE'? It's ONE-COUNT-IT-ONE picture! My recommendation: wait until you actually START the story before introducing it!

Murphy said "Whatever CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong."

I say: "Murphy must've been an incurable optimist, because in my experience even things that CAN'T go wrong... somehow DO..."
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 07:24:01 pm »

Yes, it will come out at the rate of one page a week. Each update is a single page, like... oh, every other web comic in the entire universe. Smiley Consider it an exercise in pacing and suspense!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 07:27:32 pm by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
robbie73_
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 10:14:26 am »

And just what's wrong with a 1 page a week, reminds me of the old serials(Clift Hangers for you younger members), which were chapter plays, each week we would go back to see if the "hero" would survive the "bad guys" doing "bad things" to our hero or his friends.

I really like the concept Daphne, maybe you could get some story ideas from the members and do 1 other story in this format.

And about the art work, let us not forget that ALL artists who draw comics do so differently that other artists, so even if you think it looks crude, IT'S THE ARTISTS WORK, and we should thank each and everyone of these talanted people for doing what most, if not all of us, CAN'T do!!

My sincerest THANK'S to ALL of the artists who draw for Mind Control Comics, keep up the FINE work!!
dzeiger
Browser
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 11:59:35 am »

Yes, it will come out at the rate of one page a week. Each update is a single page, like... oh, every other web comic in the entire universe. Smiley Consider it an exercise in pacing and suspense!

Well, the webcomics I read are xkcd, updating Mon/Wed/Fri, Questionable Content, updating every weekday, and Order of the Stick, updating whenever a new comic is ready :-)

Not that I have a problem with once a week, of course, though I do wonder with stuff like this if it might be better to launch with a few panels before going one-a-week, just so we're not left with the necessary-but-nothing we have right now.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 12:12:33 pm »

Not that I have a problem with once a week, of course, though I do wonder with stuff like this if it might be better to launch with a few panels before going one-a-week, just so we're not left with the necessary-but-nothing we have right now.

Then, I encourage everyone with this concern to simply not read the comic for the next four weeks. Smiley

blinded
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 03:33:51 pm »

Then, I encourage everyone with this concern to simply not read the comic for the next four weeks. Smiley

Well said.  I, I for one am looking forward to each friday.   Grin
Michael Moorman
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 02:12:44 pm »

I would like to see more of women with women myself and cliffhanger as well.
Maegis42
Browser
One Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 08:13:16 am »

I like it.  The pages are big enough, with enough happening, that I don't mind the once a week schedule.  Well, I won't mind it once the mind control and sex starts happening, anyway. 
robbie73_
Browser
Four Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 09:09:31 am »

Daphne, So far it's building slowly, but that's good, since you know where the story is going, we will have to wait till next Friday to see if the "roomies" get "our hero" all worked up or not.

also, very nice art work, all on 1 page, will wonders never cease??
cmodzins
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 04:51:33 am »

I have moved far beyond curious into impossibly desperate!  My whole life now revolves around updates to Saint James Infirmary!  If the storyline goes in the direction I am hoping it is going, it could be the highlight so far of my life!  LS
snivgrits
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 03:02:53 pm »

Is there any way to start reading at page 1 without flipping all the way back through all 134 pages?
HarryManBack
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Art Monkey

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 03:44:40 pm »

Is there any way to start reading at page 1 without flipping all the way back through all 134 pages?
http://mindcontrolcomics.com/home/members/weekly/sji-i001/

Just change the numbers in the URL.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: