Mind Control Comics Forum
May 20, 2024, 12:06:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 362: Schleich Di.  (Read 8751 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 01, 2015, 12:14:39 pm »

Friday, January 2nd.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 02:15:48 pm »

The angle looks wrong for this to be Miriam looking into a mirror - and the "reflection" has the washed out colours of her recovered memories. She doesn't look very happy. Or maybe this is Evil Miriam who lives in the mirror.

Or maybe it isn't Miriam at all. Or maybe it's Miriam experiencing a visitation from the deceased Cherry, who's naturally wearing a fez. Actually that seems most likely.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 03:27:03 am »

I'm wondering what kind of 'peccadillos' he's talking about. He's got magic mind control; how do you screw that one up?

I also don't understand how collecting women is 'expensive' for him.

The only conclusion I can come to is that he's really bad at using mind control. On top of being of questionable morality.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 04:28:05 am »

Remember, just about every woman who's ever spent significant time with him is TERRIFIED of him.

He might have been vicious enough to test the bonds of his thralls.  I don't think he treats the members well enough for it to be called a harem.

I think expense means legal fees.  Possibly he's just too violent in public, or his hold is weak
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 06:18:34 am »

The ones that got away and tell to the Law

In the text (grster) not a word
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:20:15 am by laguna85 » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 08:01:05 am »

What is today's pop-up text?

His blasé description of his reign of terror kinda reminds me of the interrogation patterns in Novacaine.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 11:34:04 am »

I'd have thought you couldn't just keep plucking women out of the real world without questions being asked. Mind controlled victims are unlikely to provide a satisfying story for their families. It would be like having them disappear into a cult. I suspect the money was needed to clean up after these disappearances.

And how big is the harem? It needs housing and feeding. And if the harem was generating the money to support itself by the most obvious means then that means exposing the women to the public gaze, which would be very risky. Dani's Christmas picture from, oh, about a year ago, suggested Jakob did not keep the harem to himself.
kmorea
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 12:14:41 am »

What is today's pop-up text?

"So grüss' euch denn meiner Freiheit erster Gruss!"
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 09:27:21 am »

Google translator hates me.  Anyone speak German?
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 10:42:46 am »

So grüss' euch denn meiner Freiheit erster Gruss = To greet 'you for my freedom first greeting

bonne année
glückliches neues jahr
to you all
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:45:01 am by laguna85 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 04:30:56 am »

It's a shame that no one has ever thought to translate one of the most famous works ever written in German. If they had, we could probably find it by just googling the phrase and looking at English results. Then, rather than typing this out from memory and translating it myself, I could probably have found something very similar on the web in a matter of seconds.

Bin ich nun frei? Wirklich frei? So grüss' euch denn meiner Freiheit erster Gruss! Wie durch Fluch er mir geriet, verflucht sei dieser Ring! Gab sein Gold mir Macht ohne Mass, nun zeug' sein Zauber Tod dem, der ihn trägt! Kein Froher soll seiner sich freun, keinem Glücklichen lache sein lichter Glanz! Wer ihn besitzt, den sehre die Sorge, und wer ihn nicht hat, den nage der Neid! Jeder giere nach seinem Gut, doch keiner geniesse mit Nutzen sein! Ohne Wucher hüt' ihn sein Herr; doch den Würger zieh' er ihm zu! Dem Tode verfallen, fessle den Feigen die Furcht: solang er lebt, sterb' er lechzend dahin, des Ringes Herr als des Ringes Knecht: bis in meiner Hand den geraubten wieder ich halte! So segnet in höchster Not der Nibelung seinen Ring! Behalt' ihn nun, hüte ihn wohl: meinem Fluch fliehest du nicht! Straßenbahnhaltestelle!

Am I free now? Truly free? Then thus I give you my freedom's first greeting! Since by curse it came to me, accursed be this ring! Since its gold gave me measureless might, now may its magic  bring death to whoever wears it!  It shall gladden no happy man; its bright gleam shall light on no one lucky!  Whoever possesses it shall be consumed with care, and whoever has it not be gnawed with envy!  Each shall itch to possess it, but none in it shall find pleasure! Its owner shall guard it profitlessly, for through it he shall meet his executioner! Forfeit to death, faint with fear shall he be fettered; the length of his life he shall long to die,  the ring's master to the ring a slave, until again I hold in my hands what was stolen! Thus, in direst distress, the Nibelung blesses his ring! Keep it now, guard it well; my curse you cannot escape! Tram stop!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 04:34:34 am by GodWilling » Logged
elenchos
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 08:29:13 am »

Tram stop?  Smiley
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 08:05:29 am »

Ah the memory plays tricks. Probably a bit of Faust creeping in there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: