Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:11:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 140: Misericordia  (Read 8982 times)
Henri
Publisher
One Star Sneetch

Silent Partner

« on: December 02, 2012, 10:02:03 pm »

Coming December 4th!
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 05:51:24 am »

Nice to hear from you Henri. Is Daphne okay?  I hope she's just swamped with work and not ill.

Very interesting title.  I thought of misericorde, the weapon (weapon to give a final fatal blow, the coup de grace).  But there's also misericord/misericordia (an act of mercy) referring to shelves on the underside of folding seats designed to provide relief for supplicants standing for long periods of time in prayer.  So, it could have something to do with the chapel, or it could be the literal Latin translation of the Hebrew word for "loving kindness"--which could have something to do with Pearl, or something to do with the web of interrelationships in the harem, OR I could be completely off again.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 06:56:03 am »

I'll go out on a limb and guess it's "Polly" (whoever she is) caring for Wilmot/Rochester on his deathbed.
Henri
Publisher
One Star Sneetch

Silent Partner

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 10:13:47 am »

Nice to hear from you Henri. Is Daphne okay?  I hope she's just swamped with work and not ill.

She's fine! She's taking a much-deserved day off, and her sweetie is making sure she stays away from the computer. Smiley
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 10:37:25 am »

I'll go out on a limb and guess it's "Polly" (whoever she is) caring for Wilmot/Rochester on his deathbed.

Ah.  "Final fatal blow" indeed.  Heh.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 01:21:42 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:40:24 pm by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 04:36:08 am »

and CURIOUSER.  How is he supposed to join her if he's going to die (or is this him faking his death)?  And now, without that stupid wig, I think I do see it.

"Guard our child" does that mean "Guard the line in perpetuity"?  Huh  If so, that might explain why Rain knows who Adrian is even though they'd never "met."  Furthermore, it could explain why the Cavanaugh men would be drawn to Wilmont without knowing why and without knowing their heritage, their tie to John doesn't exist in official records.

There is another question, of course.  Polly/Rain is/was what?  They talked about acts of pleasure being "Greek" but apparently she has Greek heritage beyond that.  Is Polly an assumed name?  Did she have history before she met John?  Is she a Greek creature of myth?  Nymph?
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 08:28:16 am »

I'll add a fourth "curiouser".

I have all the same questions already indicated.  The last four guest issues, as well as the last two regular issues, have left me totally confused.  They have also left me in admiration of how deep and intricate the plotting of this thing is.  I have a theory similar to jmundt's - that Kearsarge is drawing the "right" people to it as some part of grand design at whose scope we can only speculate - kind of like the island in LOST.  That would certainly explain the nature of the guest strips.

The depiction of Rochester as a dying man is really well done - he really looks like a young(ish) man ravaged by disease.

Also, I'd like to add that when I went back to look at old issues for clues as to what the hell is going on, I only just now noticed that the health centre on campus is the Bendo Health Centre!  I know someone (GodWilling?) pointed that out, but I only just now got the joke.  Well done.  I'm already awaiting ep 141.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:31:52 am by Werdna » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 02:03:04 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:40:37 pm by GodWilling » Logged
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 09:32:22 pm »

Page 113 have a paniting of  castle and John Wilmot
My think is that Rain is a Descendant of John.

Adrian is John come to life? Huh
Here the pop-up quote
Any experiment of interst in life will be carried out at your own expense, Joho Wilmot 2nd Earl of Rochester

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:41:30 pm by laguna85 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: