Mind Control Comics Forum
May 19, 2024, 11:22:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #823: “A Distant Echo”  (Read 8314 times)
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 01:17:04 pm »

Can we all just take moment and appreciate that elaborate choker affair Dani is wearing?

It's hot. Too bad the girls don't have too much fun with that kind of aesthetic in the present in the comic.

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 01:56:02 pm »

Miel was my first thought, and that might explain Adrian's reaction. Her face actually looks like Erin, but I think that's just because they share an artist. At a stretch, it could be Laura, which might make sense if Vik were involved, but I don't think it's her either.

Is Dani the maid in all of those panels? It looks like her in that panel. And that ought to make it fairly recent. Information we've been given in various places would indicate that Dani was with Jakob between no earlier than mid-2009 and no later than early 2011. (Jakob said in 362 that his time with her was short.)

But I think we know that Miel and Patrick were still in Kearsarge while Jakob was at Wilmot, and it seems inevitable that that's significant.

If that is Vik, it did occur to me that it could be what's currently happening in the other thread "leaking" through. Is Cherry the slave girl blowing him? Is it a him? His eyes look both surprised and glazed.

Aiken did look a little like Jakob when he was going in for the kiss.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 02:54:05 pm »

Related to Jakob?  Well--her parental history is a curious blank.  We don't even know whose last name Hackberry is.

If she's been a Kupler target since before Dani disappeared, then I think the provocation of the suicide attempt means that Cherry was acting outside her mandate if she was still acting on Jakob's instructions.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 03:35:09 pm »

TBH my only reason for thinking that Erin is Jakob's daughter is that the first woman at Wilmot he's presented as having hypnotized is a phenomenally busty redhead. If she's Erin's mom, then yeah. Otherwise...

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 03:52:08 pm »

Assuming the story is currently in January 2012, then according to Dramatis Personae Erin would have been conceived around February 1987, which would fit with Jakob's time teaching at Wilmot. For what it's worth my pet theory regarding Erin's parentage involves Rain, or perhaps Polly. Actually, that's pretty much the sum total of that theory.
Haight
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 03:55:46 pm »

Assuming the story is currently in January 2012, then according to Dramatis Personae Erin would have been conceived around February 1987, which would fit with Jakob's time teaching at Wilmot. For what it's worth my pet theory regarding Erin's parentage involves Rain, or perhaps Polly. Actually, that's pretty much the sum total of that theory.

Are we sure Rain and Polly aren't the same person (or semi-divine entity)?

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 04:05:56 pm »

Are we sure Rain and Polly aren't the same person (or semi-divine entity)?

Are we sure Adrian isn't an alien?

Miel referred to "Polly" in July 1986 (g23) - someone known to Patrick and probably involved in music. That could suggest that there was Polly in Kearsarge then, whereas there is Rain in Kearsarge now: possibly similar but different entities. Or there may have just been a random woman in Kearsarge then called Polly. He could be an alien though.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 04:25:11 pm »

Hmm.  If that woman in the last panel isn't Echo, I have no idea who she is.  Are we supposed to recognize her?
macavity
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Macavity

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 04:48:13 pm »

Is this the Heisenberg uncertainty principle applied to the SJI universe: if we know who they are we’re not sure what they are doing, and if we know what they are doing we’re not sure who they are?

Can’t wait for quantum entanglement to raise its head....

GB
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 10:52:20 pm »

Can’t wait for quantum entanglement to raise its head....

Somewhere an Ominous Idea Bulb just lit up.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2019, 12:13:42 pm »

This morning it took almost an hour for me to accept that it was Wednesday (already?!), but someone says 'quantum' and I immediately recall Daphne saying this as if it was, well, about five and a half years ago actually.

All I can ask is that no one be too disappointed when the quantum state finally resolves in favor of one interpretation or another...

I suppose I should acknowledge that it's not as relevant as it sounds... Welcome to my comments.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: