Mind Control Comics Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:55:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 477: Limits.  (Read 8844 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 25, 2016, 12:08:00 pm »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 01:35:51 pm »

Based on the title I'm guessing Erin isn't a fan of the whole 'healing Cherry' idea.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 03:18:48 pm »

On reflection, this could be a bit of a mess.  Adrian had taken a very hands-off approach to the harem, basically letting the girls do what they want.  But now we have the potential for a serious conflict between them.  Danielle really wants Jakob dead.  If Erin really doesn't want to heal Cherry, Adrian will have to pick a side.  Either he orders Erin to heal Cherry so Danielle can get a shot at Jakob, or he tells Danielle she can't take advantage of Julian's offer so Erin can avoid Cherry.  One of them would not get what they want, and Adrian would have to make the choice.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 12:24:20 am »

I wonder if the Watch can heal Cherry's mind, brain damage, whatever? If Erin can't do it without risking brain damage... the watch is a scarily powerful sci-fi/magic MacGuffin, and I believe Marliese mentioned that there were other buttons that they had no idea what they did. Plus it'd give a great excuse for more mind-control devices to be active in the comic  Grin

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 09:03:44 am »

This comic also points the way to the future we saw where Erin and Jakob were both dead.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 09:59:05 am »

The art is beautiful, we heard everyone's perspective.  I was reminded of Dice Roll #2 as well, but I sincerely hope his decision to find some other way than risking Erin to save Cherry points to him avoiding that future rather than sealing it.  There are other paths.  We know Mallory has some magical power and Pearl seems to be a reservoir of untapped potential.  Plus, before he embarks on anything this dangerous, maybe he could get in touch with Rain (who might know a thing or two about methods to deal with the situation).  By the way, do Rain and Jakob know each other?  Did he send her that threatening clock?  Or is there another opponent more dangerous and powerful than Jakob working behind the scenes?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 12:35:07 pm »

This comic also points the way to the future we saw where Erin and Jakob were both dead.

It does and it doesn't. What we do have perhaps for the first time is a potential engagement of the harem with "team Jakob". But I figure that has to happen to reach the good outcome too. I see the three outcomes as: walk away (g12); fight and lose (g13); fight and win (g15). All that g13 tells us is that if Adrian had known Erin was going to die, he wouldn't have done whatever he did. (And that page doesn't actually name Jakob or say that he's dead.)

maybe he could get in touch with Rain (who might know a thing or two about methods to deal with the situation).

Rain's words in g13 are not attributed speech. I'm guessing her involvement runs deeper than improving Adrian's fingerstyle.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 06:40:00 pm »

Perhaps you prefer the word "neutralized" to "dead."  Erin is clearly dead (or Adrian who looks sickly or worn by life without her, believes she is as does Dani) and Jakob has been somehow contained.  Adrian has money and power and lust, but not the love of his life and not his health.  A victory, but a pyrrhic victory.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 10:41:48 pm »

I see the three outcomes as: walk away (g12); fight and lose (g13); fight and win (g15).

I don't see #g12 as consistent with "walking away".  In #477 Danielle says that Jakob will never stop until he gets what he wants: "Me, Erin, Mallory, all of us."  In #g12 Adrian's life looks pretty grim, but the flyer suggests Erin is alive and has a public acting career.  That isn't really consistent with her being Jakob's property -- he seems pretty possessive.

In #g13, Jakob lost, but the price was Erin's life.  Call that one "pyrrhic victory".  In #g15, the harem is still together and seems happy and successful, suggesting that Jakob has been dealt with somehow.

All three timelines imply or explicitly state that Jakob didn't win all the marbles.  What seems to differ is the price paid.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 10:58:13 pm »

If a lasting price had to be paid for outcome #3.  As stated often, I favor outcome #3, but I might balk when I find out the price.  Here's a question.  Are these three futures equally likely?  Are they snapshots based on a choice that had just been made in the continuum of the comic that had just come out before the guests got posted?  Are there other possible outcomes?  Are there plans to explore or depict any of those?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 12:48:08 pm »

Perhaps you prefer the word "neutralized" to "dead."

I merely pointed out that we don't know for sure that Adrian is referring to Jakob in that page. And we don't know that whomever is being referred to is dead. I'd guess it's Jakob and I'd guess he's dead, but we don't know that. I guess all I'm saying is that there are more twists to come. Probably.

I don't see #g12 as consistent with "walking away".

Yeah, well the fact that Adrian's with Echo would suggest there's more to it than simply not engaging at all. By walking away I meant not fighting really; I'm seeing it as there having been some kind of deal struck.

I have also wondered if that outcome arises if something that happened historically hadn't happened, such that: Echo was never taken; Adrian never came to Kearsarge; Adrian never met Erin. Erin and Weston are starring in Betrayal, which might signify something. It could tie in with Adrian cutting a deal with Jakob in the scenario above - and betraying the harem. Or... it appears Rain was betrayed by Jakob in the eighties. It could be something to do with that. Or it could be anything. Let's face it, we don't know.

In #g13, Jakob lost, but the price was Erin's life.  Call that one "pyrrhic victory".

As I've said before, I think it's important that Rain sees Erin's death as having been worthwhile but Adrian does not. I don't think Rain sees it as a Pyrrhic victory at all. And I don't get the impression Adrian sees it as any kind of victory. So it's possible the distinction between g13 and g15 is the extent to which Adrian follows Rain's agenda.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: