Mind Control Comics Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:25:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Large PDF downloads and missing downloads  (Read 6971 times)
Bahamad
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« on: December 25, 2010, 12:00:38 pm »

Hi - Now that I've got access to a bit of a larger pipe I'm working on taking advantage of the downloads offered for each issue.

There are a few things I'm not sure you're aware of which I think might be good to know.

The following issues do not have download options available.  I'm guessing the most recent just don't get them until they're ready for archives but I thought I'd check.  The first looks like it should be in the archives but I just don't see a link:

Bearing Gifts 3 (Mommy Issues) - Archive
Homecoming - Archive/Recent?
Pumpkins - Recent
Public Access - Recent
The Good People - Recent

The following issues are gigantic(40 MB-150 MB) to download compared to the 1-6 MB most of the other issues have.  I'm guessing this is just a matter of how they were saved/stored on the site:

4F
Hidden Knowledge Issue 2
Hidden Knowledge Issue 3
Green Sign 1
Green Sign 2
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 12:37:29 pm »

Yes, the more recent publications are missing their PDFs. We're holding off on posting new PDFs, for now, as it was getting to be an unfortunate source of piracy of the material. We're coming up with a better way of distributing the book form of the comics.

Some of the older PDFs are very large, yes. The underlying artwork is very high-resolution. We're replacing those with lower-rez versions that will be easier to download.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Bahamad
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 10:20:38 am »

Thanks for the information.  I'm sorry to hear about the piracy, gotta love how it only takes one bad apple to ruin the who batch.

When you say making the comics available in book form, are you referring to a download method or an actual paper copy?

Personally I think making the zips available was great, but I also can see how it would make piracy a bit easier.  However, I think the jack-offs who decide to distribute content which would be supporting the community such as this aren't likely to be stopped by disabling access with a transparent layer of javascript, as all it takes is a screen scrape application (even something as primitive as print screen) to get the protected content into their distribution channels.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: