Mind Control Comics Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:30:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sideshow  (Read 17767 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: May 01, 2013, 10:15:42 am »

The circus has come to town, and with it, some very unusual sideshows...

Coming at noon, May 1st!

(Note: this is a silent movie! There is no dialogue. Do not adjust your television.)

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Salanar
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 11:43:13 am »

Pretty artwork. Looking forward to it Smiley
Salanar
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 12:10:48 pm »

Yep, I like it! The no dialogue part works really well. Doc Vaughn is a very good artist. Cheesy
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 12:48:32 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 12:22:58 pm by GodWilling » Logged
stormrazor2000
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 01:49:36 pm »

I'm a sucker for a harem costume. Thanks!
elbenton
Browser
Three Star Sneetch

Insert clever phrase or quotation here.

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 02:01:30 pm »

I know it's a cliché, but I really like the way Doc Vaughn draws the "spiral eyes" of the enthralled girls.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 02:03:02 pm »

The art is absolutely gorgeous and some of the scenarios are hot, but the outcome is genuinely disturbing.  One guy got revenge, one guy programmed his date  (was that supposed to be a tunnel of love date?) and one had a younger woman who caught his eye programmed (or was that an employer-relationship, a May-December short-term thing, or a marriage on the rocks, really couldn't tell definitively).  But then they all just left the women there?  That--well, just not my brand.  Art is spectacular though.  Welcome to MCC, Doc Vaughn.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 05:44:06 pm »

But then they all just left the women there?

Not all three.

Welcome to MCC, Doc Vaughn.

This is his return!  He also did Stacked Deck some time ago.

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 08:49:30 pm »

Okay, I got a little turned around here.

First of all--welcome back Doc Vaughn Grin.  After more than two years away, a smashing artistic return.

I saw the programming (which by the way all included tears indicating significant trauma, not something I consider a plus, but that's me).  I saw the last panel with everyone in a line of sideshow cages and thought that the guys all left their victims for use by the ringmaster after they had their fun.  It's actually only been verified for the revenge subjects.  Maybe that's the price of asking for a revenge treatment, you only get one session and then the subject reverts to the "care and maintenance" of the circus? Huh

The Tunnel of Love pair looked like they were on an actual date.  What exactly was the relationship between the older gentleman and the brunette he had made over into his "Sexy Librarian fantasy?"  Were they there together?  Were they each there alone and he gravitated toward her and she tolerated it because she figured company would be better than isolation?  Was there a work relationship or a tepid dating relationship?
Vidor
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 06:54:23 pm »

The last page is very clear and shows that only one of the three girls, the blonde, is left with the circus.  The redhead is serving breakfast while in the nude to her boyfriend, and the brunette is blowing the older gentleman who happens to be the school principal.  Given the lack of dialogue it is unclear but the brunette is probably either a teacher at the school or the librarian.  And it says "tunnel of love" on a sign in the second panel.
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 12:04:27 am »

Not really my style but I can see its appeal. 

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 02:19:58 am »

I really love His art work  Grin
I like to read Stack Deck  Grin
this way you make your own dialogue, the way each women is hypnotis in to trance.
to see out come of the post trances.

Time use your mind and get into trance  Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:42:52 am by laguna85 » Logged
snivgrits
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 05:56:12 pm »

This was a great one.  Sort of an MC spin on the Darke Carnival.  Did the sarcophagus in this inspire the Chrysalis?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2013, 12:37:42 am »

Did the sarcophagus in this inspire the Chrysalis?

More than inspired... same continuity!

snivgrits
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2013, 09:34:46 pm »

Any other spin offs planned?  Actually an MC take on a traveling CarnivĂ le (like the eponymous tv series) would make a nice creepy series centerpiece for a comic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: