Mind Control Comics Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:59:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 121: The Conversation  (Read 19782 times)
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 10:40:37 am »

I'm gonna restate a couple of the questions from my first response to this entry.

We now know what Rain and Adrian were talking about and I was proven spectacularly incorrect.  Yay!;)

However, some of those scenery and atmosphere questions are still relevant.

1. Who's the red-capped long-haired woman racing out of Passion Source in panel #2?  We know it isn't Erin, and it doesn't look like Laura.  Someone new?  A completely separate storyline which we might bump into later?

2. Who's that severe looking brunette talking on her cellphone a few steps ahead of Kanti?  Gray and black coat over a light-yellow sweater wearing the annoyed expression.  Who is she?

3. Can you tell us anything about the couple with the boxes in Panel #4?  What about the severe looking street cleaner with the shaved head?  He's getting the foreground for his suppressed rage and frustration.  Is he another of Claudia's recruits?

GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 11:58:07 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:28:00 pm by GodWilling » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 12:07:39 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:27:47 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 12:19:18 pm »

Well, FWIW, here's my opinion.

1. Raven.  I thought that was pretty clear, but now you've put doubts in my mind.
2. Townsperson.  Kearsarge has other people going about their business.
3. Hans and Sawyer, wearing winter overcoats (not a dress); a streetcleaner hired by the town of Kearsarge.

Although tempting to read significance into every detail, I don't think the others you ask about are significant.  I think having the characters being the only ones seen on a downtown (I assume) street would just be plain weird, so the others are probably just going about their business in town and making the place feel more 'real'.

As always, I retain the right to be wrong.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 06:27:02 pm »

I suppose I can accept that cell phone scowler is just a townsperson, but she looked like she might have promise if introduced somewhere down the line.  Can I be perfectly honest? In spite of the purple coat, I can't make out purple streaks in the hair under that red knit cap.  It could be Raven, but unless all she got was lingerie on a wing and a prayer, it wasn't dinner prep.  Seeing the outfit she chose for dinner, I'm inclined to believe that's NOT Raven, which makes that person's identity all the more interesting to me, because I don't think it's just a random townsperson.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 01:12:31 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:27:31 pm by GodWilling » Logged
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 01:16:13 pm »

In celebration of Henri's birthday (everyone wish Henri a great birthday!), I confirm those people in The Conversation that we've met already:

• Panel 1: Kanti is walking out of the lingerie store.
  • Panel 2: Raven is racing out of Passion Source, which is a female-friendly sex stuff store similar to Good Vibrations or Babeland.
  • Panel 3: That's Q pushing the cart.
  • Panel 4: That's Sawyer and Hans coming out of the bookstore. (To answer another question, it's Thoth Occult Books in Hidden Knowledge.)
  • Panel 5: That's Miriam coming out of the fish store.

The others may or may not be supernumeraries.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:18:07 pm by Daphne » Logged

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 01:35:11 pm »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:27:19 pm by GodWilling » Logged
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 03:41:37 pm »

Happy Birthday to Henri  Grin
jmundt29