Mind Control Comics Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:52:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1356: “Deep Throat”  (Read 746 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: January 25, 2024, 01:04:07 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
Skyrender
Subscriber
Two Star Sneetch

Troll-Blooded

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 08:00:00 am »

Are we EVER going to get back to the main story, or has SJI just devolved into Rapid Inductions now?

Murphy said "Whatever CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong."

I say: "Murphy must've been an incurable optimist, because in my experience even things that CAN'T go wrong... somehow DO..."
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 09:21:32 am »

I mean, isn't this the main story? Miriam is currently controlling a bunch of people and we are seeing what is going on in their minds as she controls them.

It's a bit like arguing that a Friday the 13th movie needs to stop showing Jason Voorhees killing all these camp counselors so it could get back to the main plot.
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 09:44:26 am »

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 05:00:10 pm »

That's quite a tongue...

Anyway...

So I suppose the point of the previous page is that all he has to do is stand at the edge of the pool with his cock out, and she'll be there.

In the journey/destination divide, I'm very much in the journey camp. So I always welcome the opportunity to explore mind control in progress - especially from the perspective of the victim. And seeing inside the victim's mind (or, yes, possibly soul) is potentially a very effective way of doing that in the comic form.

I don't think this is what Skyrender's reference to Rapid Inductions was about, but it's maybe appropriate to this one, where we've gone straight from Miriam saying, "Let's get you trained" to seeing a representation of Amaltheia already trained. That's a little disappointing. Maybe the others haven't really shown much more than this either, although they have included capture and succumbing (I'm not counting seeing Amaltheia in a fishing net as capture). I have particularly enjoyed Erin's one.

I suppose the question remains of what we're actually looking at in these scenes. It seems they must be a product of the victims' minds rather than something entirely created by Miriam. I've seen them as memories and fantasies being used to furnish scenes in which Miriam's instructions/programming can play out. But that does make me wonder what the source material is for Erin being strapped in a chair and drugged. Is the doctor her own fantasy, or part of the programming?

And even this page that I find a little disappointing can still intrigue me. Is it significant that Amaltheia is of value to her captor, even if only as an exotic creature to be collected? We know very little about Amaltheia - she only appeared the night before last. Is this her estimation of herself showing through? Is it the fish-loving Miriam's?
Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 08:51:43 pm »

SJI is great for its story and methods of control, but little lagniappes like these allow us to see the characters of SJI in all sorts of sexy “what if” situations we wouldn’t otherwise, but still managing to make them relevant to the main plot. That’s why they're so great, because they have the benefit of the special issues like those that usually drop in December without disrupting the narrative flow
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2024, 10:01:50 pm »

I mean, isn't this the main story?

I have to say that from my view, this is indeed the main story. It's like the action sequences in a Bond movie. The movie isn't all action sequences, but they're part of what the story is about.

Sharque
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2024, 03:42:24 pm »

No issue tomorrow?
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2024, 03:50:26 pm »

No issue tomorrow?

No. I've decided to cancel the series and replace it with AI generated pictures of common vegetables.

C'mon, when hasn't there been an SJI on schedule? It's been years.

mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2024, 04:28:31 pm »

I know Miriam has been doing a number on people, but calling them vegetables is a bit extreme.  (And there's nothing common about them.)

:-)

As for the schedule, I trust Daphne.  She's been running this business for many years and she's always been transparent when there's a glitch.
ozymandias
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Llama llama duck

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2024, 04:18:55 pm »

No. I've decided to cancel the series and replace it with AI generated pictures of common vegetables.

eggplants and peaches, I assume.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: