Mind Control Comics Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:00:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary 236: It's the Thought.  (Read 20730 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: October 27, 2013, 10:55:57 am »

Tuesday, October 29th!

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 11:17:01 am »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:20:29 am by GodWilling » Logged
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 12:36:24 am »

My thinking is that Cherry and Rain are sister and Cherry is tell Rain her time is running out
That Cherry going take control.
So Rain think that Adrian is to soft guy to be head of harem
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 02:31:18 am »

Note attached to sinister clock says what?  This is our best indication yet (and first absolutely undeniable one) that Adrian and the harem might be well and truly on their own in a war between a lot of sinister opposing forces:

The Kuplers, Q, Claudia, ol' Sam, and Cherry and her menacing partner.

Maybe no one is a reliable ally for the SJI crew.  Deconstructionism rears its ugly head.
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 07:39:41 am »

A few things spring to mind, most notably (as jmundt already asked), what the hell does that note say?  Also, the iconography of the item itself:  Atlas holds up a clock instead of the planet.  I've never seen that depiction, yet it has pretty strong meaning for Rain.  (And yes, I know Atlas held up the sky, but he frequently has been depicted as the support mechanism for the planet instead.)

More evidence that Rain is, in fact, the same person as in the strips from the 17th Century; enough for me now to feel comfortable in my assumption that that's the case.

Interesting that she should be talking to the portrait of Rochester - is this just her way of thinking things through, or is there something mystical going on there?

Lastly, her assessment of Adrian seems sadly accurate so far; although he did handle Derek pretty well (twice!), he has been pretty passive since then.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 08:26:11 am »

can not hold up time  Cheesy
Haight
Browser
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 09:44:54 am »

So the 'bad guys' know about Rain, too, huh?  Interesting.

And here's hoping Adrian gets more proactive.  More proactive about protecting the girls, more proactive about adding new girls to his harem, more proactive about playing the part of the harem's Master...

"And I want to reach in to the fire of your heart/I want to program all those beats right from the start"
peers
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 09:52:54 am »

The pop-up text in this one is rather ominous...
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 10:37:23 am »

I suppose, but Rain's facial controtions (even before she opens the taunting gag gift) are disturbing in their own right.

I'm going to go on record and say that I think Rain underestimates Adrian pretty badly here.

He handled Derek, yes, but he's also handled Yves and has bent his strength and other powers to caring for and buoying all the members of his harem.  He's taking Rain's advice seriously, but he's applying it in his own way--so, while he does demonstrate strength, it's not of the sort that she's used to or would expect.  I think and hope that that will eventually work in his favor in ways she isn't seeing.

I think the gift is from Cherry's handler, but I don't think it's an Atlas clock, I think it might be a Prometheus clock.

By the by, do we know what language Cherry and the driver are speaking?  It might give us a clue as to where the Driver is from.

I think he's more proactive and effective about protection of the girls than outside observers (including Rain) think.

I will only concur in one of three.  I hope that his brand of stewardship is shown to be effective for protection and nurturing and that he decides to allow harem expansion through benevolence, rather than rapaciousness or greed.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:40:07 am by jmundt29 » Logged
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 11:52:06 am »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:20:44 am by GodWilling » Logged
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 12:16:04 pm »

So, the clock and note are a Kupler statement from Dad or the surviving brother...or maybe the brother who's presumed dead, but has come back like Jason to terrorize everone?
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 12:27:22 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:20:56 am by GodWilling » Logged
Werdna
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

Gin-soaked dandy

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 01:08:56 pm »

Just as an initial response, we have already seen such a clock in 151 - although it's very much hidden there...

Wow, good catch.  Well done.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 04:43:36 pm »

The note appears to be signed "J", which doesn't help in narrowing down the Kuppler brother.

But then maybe it's for John. Is it a John Wilmot quote?
also may be for Jakob or Johannes
from guest page 14
you are right that doesn't help in narrowing down the kuppler brother and father
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 02:33:57 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:21:57 am by GodWilling » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: