Mind Control Comics Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:57:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #1174: “Sensitive Subject”  (Read 1090 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: June 20, 2022, 12:03:46 am »

Script: Daphne • Line Art: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 11:26:58 am »

That "uh" moment is reminiscent of other times in the comic where a character has entered a suggestible state, or had a trigger activated.  Mind control through breast manipulation would be an interesting area to explore.
lancehunter
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 11:57:37 am »

Hrm... So it seems the perfume doesn't just enlarge breasts, but also makes them more sensitive (as is expected in this genre). Presumably it also makes the person more subject to control in an "oh please don't stop" kind of way. This raises the question, is this control part of Dani's plan or an unexpected side effect?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 02:56:02 pm »

I don't think Danielle is involved.  This perfume is a result of Laura's lab accident; it wasn't planned at all.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 02:57:41 pm »

Is it another side effect that Hayley's hair appears to have expanded for the last panel? She seems to have turned into Dani. Is that just an art accident?

This raises the question, is this control part of Dani's plan or an unexpected side effect?

As I see it, we've been steered towards believing that this is a side effect of the perfume caused by Laura accidentally overheating the batch in 1145. That happened because she was being distracted by a conversation with Kanti. Now we know that Kanti initiated that conversation under the influence of some Pink-Clouds-assisted suggestions. But it's a stretch to believe that Laura was deliberately made to make this particular mistake by someone simply getting Kanti to contact Laura. And it would appear unlikely that Kanti was programmed by Dani anyway. So I can't see this as Dani's plan. I'm struggling to see it as anyone's plan at this point. But if someone did make it happen, I think they'd have to be controlling Laura directly, and know a thing or two about chemistry and biology. Maybe the professor she spent the night with is a breast woman?
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 05:33:11 pm »

But if someone did make it happen, I think they'd have to be controlling Laura directly, and know a thing or two about chemistry and biology. Maybe the professor she spent the night with is a breast woman?

If Vik hadn't been pretty definitely killed he'd be at the top of my suspect list.  He'd also be a decent candidate for Kanti's controller, come to think of it.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 12:30:15 pm »

If Vik hadn't been pretty definitely killed he'd be at the top of my suspect list.  He'd also be a decent candidate for Kanti's controller, come to think of it.

Laura tells the detective in 655 that Vik isn't capable of making more of the stuff - he doesn't understand the chemistry. Now she also lies and says that she developed the antidote, apparently trying to keep Q out of the story. So I'm not sure whether it's true about Vik. But if Vik were capable of making more, in Laura's position I wouldn't lie and say he wasn't and only she was - unless she was absolutely certain at that point that he was dead.

This throws up all kinds of questions whether she was telling the truth or lying. (And she'd had the antidote by this time.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: