Mind Control Comics Forum
May 20, 2024, 04:43:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or see the News and Announcement section on how to register.

Login with username, password and session length
New to this forum? Please be sure to check out the introduction for very important information.
Click here to return to the main comic site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint James Infirmary #907: “Toy Time”  (Read 4029 times)
Daphne
Publisher
Five Star Sneetch

Drawn and Quartered.

« on: December 26, 2019, 01:02:37 am »

Script: Daphne • Inks: Plutonian Knight • Colors and Lettering: Octavia Moon

DO NOT SEND ME PMs. JUST DON'T. ALWAYS SEND QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OR REQUESTS TO: orders@mindcontroltheatre.com. Thank you.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 08:11:01 am »

look like put Mallory to work
sasha10
Subscriber
One Star Sneetch

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 01:28:21 am »

Just wanted to say: these latest few issues have been really hot! Been loving the art and framing and everything! Very nice, well done!
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 09:44:12 am »

I concur. Taken alone this section is really hot stuff. Art, composition, etc. are all great like they inevitably are when the team opens the creativity tap full bore. Is just... a long, long stretch with too little variation in plot or setting, which I am not used to with SJI but perhaps should be at this point. The whole thing will probably work better when read straight through at some point in the future, but that future is not now. Cry
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 10:55:15 am »

This I can take or leave (which always mean leave, I suppose), but I can well imagine that it's a thing for some people. What I have knocking about my head is just an immovable feeling that this simply cannot persist outside of The Cloud, and therefore that it won't. Even the mental changes to the cop appear to have been lost upon her exit.

What's also knocking about in my mind is that similarity between the arrangement of Mallory's legs in 905 and Dani's in 190/191 (there's even that pinkish-purplish light in 191). I do doubt it's actually significant (although I would respectfully suggest that there is more than one way a body can sprawl on the ground), but it does fire off other enjoyably intriguing thoughts. Dani was wearing Mallory's top when she was knocked down from behind. There's that hoary observation about the initials of the core SJI team: Dani, Rain, Erin, Adrian, Mallory. Someone (it appeared to be Adrian) recognised Zenon straightaway - how come? Dani isn't really in The Cloud (is anyone?), but when she appeared she wanted to know if Adrian loved her, which perhaps was just to tell us that Dani and Adrian might not meet again, but felt odd nonetheless. "This is like a dream," said Rain (who also isn't in there), but whose dream?

As I say, I think I'm barking up the wrong tree. I'm not even sure this is a tree. But barking up tree-like objects is more my thing than wind-up women.
jmundt29
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

Comics Fan

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 02:50:43 pm »

And I've been in agony.  Figures.  You're not just throwing me shovels to keep digging the hole, you're throwing them at my head.  I could get more colorful expressing my exasperation, but this should be enough for now.

Best I can hope for is this is just Erin's Fantasy for awhile and when she gets a jar in the right direction, we'll get a view of what's actually going on.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 02:53:35 pm by jmundt29 » Logged
mns_95125
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

aMember user

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 02:57:49 pm »

Someone (it appeared to be Adrian) recognised Zenon straightaway - how come?

It's possible that Adrian ran into Zenon off-screen when he bought the stress management gift certificate he gave to Danielle as a Christmas gift way back in #012.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 03:14:02 pm »

It hard some of this may be in some mind or dream. In that motor hotel ( red monster and pink thing ) O My will New year eve posting help?
grimtidings
Subscriber
Three Star Sneetch

Lurker

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 05:54:46 pm »

Once again, Erin looks so genuinely happy on this page. Mallory... appreciation still hampered by the sheer waste of her.

...What I have knocking about my head is just an immovable feeling that this simply cannot persist outside of The Cloud, and therefore that it won't...

And that.

If you love something, analyze it and share.
lifmcs
Subscriber
Four Star Sneetch

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2019, 11:15:49 pm »

I’d be cool with the changes the other ladies underwent being merely a bad fever dream because <Bane Voice> “Vik merely adopted the cloud,” and their ejection from the environment went both ways. Zenon claims to be plucking strings on Erin and Mallory’s Watch programming, which is serious business compared to an extra heavy does of Pink Clouds. Or so it could be argued.

No, I don’t think Mallory will look like a literal doll when we get out of here, but her thoughts may well be decidedly more clockwork. Is still interesting, and actually really hot, to play around with a visual representation of someone’s mental makeup, even and especially when that doesn’t extend to their physical appearance ala Chrysalis. But yeah, if Zenon’s cloud fu proves as weak as Vik’s, that would be some form of disappointing.
GodWilling
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 10:52:15 am »

It's possible that Adrian ran into Zenon off-screen when he bought the stress management gift certificate he gave to Danielle as a Christmas gift way back in #012.

It's possible, although if that was the extent of their relationship, I'd say it was unlikely that Adrian would have greeted Zenon by his first name alone (although he was initially spelling it wrong when he said it, so he obviously didn't know him that well). Also, Adrian didn't show any sign of knowing Zenon's name at all during the Night Of The Watch.

For what it's worth, I think it was just a mistake. I don't think Adrian would have just said Zenon unless he knew him really quite well - and I suspect he only knew the name Zenon from talking to Amy. Although... the one circumstance in which he might have used that name is if he assumed that he was talking not to a real person but to someone's memory of one in The Cloud.
laguna85
Subscriber
Five Star Sneetch

She in deep sleep

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 03:06:59 pm »

my think he would meet Amy first when get the Gift Certificate for stress management
amy give information about Doctor Zenon Cimaszewski to Adrian
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: